The FIXX 2022 Tour !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The FIXX 2022 Tour !

While these guys are hard to put into any category, they are absolutely on fire on their current tour. I highly recommend checking them out! It is the classic line-up with Dan K Brown on bass, and Cy is singing better than ever and making the show an uplifting unifying experience with all going on in the world. Rupert would kill me for putting them in a "proggy" category, but I don't know how to classify them other than Art-Pop-Rock. Anyways, check them out if you can, it's a great show !!!!

Any plans for a new album?
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

The Fixx is a decent outfit with some good material, though I never got around to owning anything other than reach The Beach and a hits album. How do you classify them? A lot of great outfits are hard to slap into a box. I suppose they often are thought of as new wave/art-rock/art-pop, or 80's or even 'sophisti-pop' (ever heard that term?) like A-ha, Simple Minds, Icehouse and stuff like that. I've always sorta liked the Fixx though they've always been on the back burner. Maybe it's time to investigate further or even ask Are We Ourselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker View Post
        The Fixx is a decent outfit with some good material, though I never got around to owning anything other than reach The Beach and a hits album. How do you classify them? A lot of great outfits are hard to slap into a box. I suppose they often are thought of as new wave/art-rock/art-pop, or 80's or even 'sophisti-pop' (ever heard that term?) like A-ha, Simple Minds, Icehouse and stuff like that. I've always sorta liked the Fixx though they've always been on the back burner. Maybe it's time to investigate further or even ask Are We Ourselves?
        They have many records that take you on a nice journey start to finish. With lots of excellent 5 string fretless bass, luscious synths, unique guitar work, and amazing vocals. Most of their albums have the 2 or 3 radio friendly songs and lots of art-rock deep cuts as well.

They just released a new album too, produced by Stephen Taylor who worked with them and Rupert Hine in the 80's, as well as Rush.

Here's a new track I can't get out of my head....

Last edited by Somis Sound; 06-27-2022, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Geez, I haven't listened to the Fixx since the 80s!

I do have their Best Of album from 1989.
          Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
          My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Wolf View Post
            Geez, I haven't listened to the Fixx since the 80s!

I do have their Best Of album from 1989.
            Yeah brother, you gotta check out some of their deep cuts or songs you've never heard before! A lot of interesting great stuff out there.

Comment

Fixx are one of those bands I never really caught the bug to follow but have to say I've never heard a bad song by them. Gonna have to check out their catalog and catch up on them.

Comment

Originally posted by downbyariver View Post
                Any plans for a new album?
                So, I found out that they do in fact have a new album and bought it during the Great New Yes Fans Outage of 2022.

So, far "Wake Up" from said album, Every Five Seconds, is impressing me. It has kind of a "Cameras in Paris" vibe (That's a song from their first album, 1982's Shuttered Room)
                Last edited by downbyariver; 07-12-2022, 07:10 PM.
                "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

Working...
                X