Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Crimson Tour Would Be ‘Big Ask’ Says Robert Fripp

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/king...-robert-fripp/

If they are indeed done, then I think Fripp can go out with his head held very high. This is especially true, considering the touring the last several years that revived so many old classics. Prior to this, I never thought I’d get to hear The Court of the Crimson King in concert, let alone Starless, Cirkus, or Sailor’s Tale…yet I did. Thanks, Robert, for that, and for an all-around fabulous career.

Comment

I could not agree more Olorin! We saw KC 15 times since 2014 and it was a fabulous run filled with all sorts of adventures. Thanks for the memories Robert...

Comment

Terrific way to go out if indeed this is the end. Just end it, no fanfare or big announcements, just stop.

Comment

I thought they were brilliant on thir most recent tour - I would certainly see them again if they did one more. Some bands like KC - or Rush, for example, seemed to me to be performing and playing at a very high level up until the end. Some other veteran acts have clearly lost a step - so I would prefer to see KC mount one more tour over some other acts of their generation.

Comment

I concur. I finally got to see Crimso for the first (and probably last) time in 2019 in Washington D.C. It was one of my most memorable concert experiences. The set list spanned the many incarnations of the band, and covered them exceptionally. If they are truly finished, they leave a legacy that very few bands can claim. Well done Mr. Fripp.

Comment

Originally posted by kkleinschmidt View Post
              I could not agree more Olorin! We saw KC 15 times since 2014 and it was a fabulous run filled with all sorts of adventures. Thanks for the memories Robert...
              OMG, 15 times?! I think I saw them three times during that period. And it wasn’t until the third time that they finally played The Court of the Crimson King. So if that was my final King Crimson concert, it was perfect.

Comment

Fortunately I saw them last year for the first and, apparently, last time. The three drummer lineup was quite something.

Comment

I saw KC in Montreux in 2003 (the night before the famous recorded show by Yes, and when I literally bumped into Steve Howe on the sidewalk). I also saw the League of Crafty Guitarists in the early 90s.

I would have loved to see them one more time....

Comment

The whole bit about going bankrupt if their 2021 US tour was disrupted was pretty shocking and it makes me wonder how many other artists are or were in the same position. We've been to some VIP Q&A sessions led by David Singleton over the years and one thing he talked about was the troubles introduced by Brexit for them to tour in Europe. It's a pretty sad state of affairs when bands can't make money touring or selling albums.

The Robert and David talking tour would and will be good fun but I think I've heard enough of the stories that I'll take a pass. I'm really looking forward to the movie though and it will be interesting to see what they come up with to get it in our hands.

Comment

Originally posted by kkleinschmidt View Post
                      The whole bit about going bankrupt if their 2021 US tour was disrupted was pretty shocking and it makes me wonder how many other artists are or were in the same position. We've been to some VIP Q&A sessions led by David Singleton over the years and one thing he talked about was the troubles introduced by Brexit for them to tour in Europe. It's a pretty sad state of affairs when bands can't make money touring or selling albums.

The Robert and David talking tour would and will be good fun but I think I've heard enough of the stories that I'll take a pass. I'm really looking forward to the movie though and it will be interesting to see what they come up with to get it in our hands.
                      Yeah, it got me thinking as well. Yes cancelled their Continental European tour dates for this year and cited logistical problems due to different countries still having different covid restrictions, but I also wonder whether for instance something like the cost to insure a European tour at the moment might have played a roll.

Comment

I am seeing Fripp in September. It will be an evening with his fellow DGM associate David Singleton. No music, just talk, but Fripp is a remarkable public speaker, so this should be interesting.

Comment

Fripp tourin'? Think he's got his hands full! 😉

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg-160.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	21839

Comment

They're awfully proud of her boobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

Yeah, it got me thinking as well. Yes cancelled their Continental European tour dates for this year and cited logistical problems due to different countries still having different covid restrictions, but I also wonder whether for instance something like the cost to insure a European tour at the moment might have played a roll.
                              2023 dates are starting to pop up for you Mr. Holland!

https://www.jambase.com/band/yes

I've seen this same list on other websites, and it's definitely a good sign for Europe 2023. Starting to get a bit impatient about US/Canada dates though...

Comment

Working...
                              X