Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Sound To Silence

https://www.dgmlive.com/news/kc-from-sound-to-silence

If this is truly the end of one of my favorite bands ever, then this is a sad day. Thanks for the memories and I hope somehow some way the fireworks continue. Maybe Adrian can step in?

Saw them a few years ago in Edinburgh. It was fine, but it's been apparent for some years now that there are no real creative juices left in the Fripp.

Time for [email protected] et al to move on.

Comment

But instead we have Fripp & Toyah?

Comment

Ha! Actually read something earlier that said the 2022 plan is for Robert to go out with David Singleton and do some Soundscapes shows with Q&A. I enjoy Soundscapes but that's probably not going to be enough to get us motivated to get out and see it unless it's really close to home.

Comment

https://youtu.be/UQsrO8cVnJ0
          I'd been hoping to see the Mighty Krim one more time....
          As someone said of Jerry Garcia's passing: don't be sad that it's over, be glad that it happened.

I watched Meltdown again recently, magnificent! The concerts I attended in 2018 and at the Royal Albert Hall in 2019 must stand as highlights for me, of all the concerts, whatever the music, that I've attended since 1973. An awesome ensemble!

As a consequence of those concerts, I have to conclude that Robert Fripp and Krim have succeeded artistically, and sustained that level of accomplishment, in the field of progressive music to an extent unmatched by any other ensemble of similar vintage...save Frank Zappa perhaps.

Fortunately I have just about everything they've released, all the big deluxe boxsets as well as the CD/DVD sets so I'm not going to be running out of Krim anytime soon. It's to Fripp's considerable credit that he's demonstrated that it is possible for creative musicians to be in/regain control of their own artistic destiny and output if the will is there to claim it. Again, I'm reminded of Frank Zappa in this regard.

And now to listen to some Krim. Live in Vienna I think...
          Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
          Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

King Crimson over? The end of truly great legacy in music then. Their music may have been a little too experimental for my tastes, but they were damn good at what they did over the years. Not to mention what an inspiring debut they had in 1969, forcing prog acts to up their game massively.
            The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
            -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
            -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

King Crimson was/is more of an institution than a band. I can’t believe it is over as long as Robert Fripp’s heart is beating.

Comment

It's been over for years. All the "recent" activity was just Fripp bulking out his pension fund...

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Square View Post
                  It's been over for years. All the "recent" activity was just Fripp bulking out his pension fund...
                  Those of us who got to see the recent concerts were very happy to help Fripp bulk his pension fund. It's not like we didn't get something priceless in return.

Comment

Originally posted by Olorin View Post

Those of us who got to see the recent concerts were very happy to help Fripp bulk his pension fund. It's not like we didn't get something priceless in return.
                    Very true!

Comment

Oh it was okay, but there were no lions... 😉

Comment

Agree. That Krim since 2013 or so was at best a King-Crimson-light. Fripp turned the Beast into a house-cat to get more recognition and applause from the mainstream-culture. I always will will love King Crimson, but to me that project ran out in 2008.

Comment

Absolutely!

And whats wrong with a man working and making a living. Nothing. We need MORE of those these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post

And whats (sic) wrong with a man working and making a living...
                            Nothing. Just don't pretend it is some great artistic imperative. Surprisingly, in the last fifteen years or so, Yes have had more artistic drive than the once mighty Krim. Go figure...

Comment

Nothing. Just don't pretend it is some great artistic imperative. Surprisingly, in the last fifteen years or so, Yes have had more artistic drive than the once mighty Krim. Go figure...
                              ​​​​ Hahahaha hahahaha....etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X