Steve Hackett open to....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Hackett open to....

Steve has been rather prolific with albums and tours which has been great and his Genesis revisited shows have been superb! He has also done heaps of interviews and in one of the most recent he says he would be open to a lineup with Gabriel, Rutherford and Banks and doing the Lamb- perhaps not as Genesis but as something else- limited series of shows- Maybe they could call themselves Trespass??? Im just not sure that the others are interested although he did hint that Gabriel could be ????

I’d be very surprised if this ever happened
    But I would be very happy about it!

Comment

While highly unlikely, it would be quite exciting! Seems more likely to have Peter guest with Steve’s band. I can’t imagine Banks and Rutherford wanting to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by The sage View Post
        Steve has been rather prolific with albums and tours which has been great and his Genesis revisited shows have been superb! He has also done heaps of interviews and in one of the most recent he says he would be open to a lineup with Gabriel, Rutherford and Banks and doing the Lamb- perhaps not as Genesis but as something else- limited series of shows- Maybe they could call themselves Trespass??? Im just not sure that the others are interested although he did hint that Gabriel could be ????
        Do you have a link to the interview?

Comment

Not sure Peter has the Chops anymore. Has not performed in awhile and he appears to be in poor physical condition. It would be nice if it could happen

Comment

Might be a better idea for Hackett to grab Ray Wilson, Chester Thompson, Daryll Stuermer on bass and Nick Magnus I guess and go all ARW/ABWH, Genesis style. Call it Genesis 2.0 (don't call it 'Revelation', that would be the safe, predictable thing to do).

Comment

Hackett's band is far superior to Banks and Rutherford, and even Gabriel, in every department. They are touring every year, filling every venue they play. If Hackett wants to perform The Lamb and take it on tour, he could do so without the encumbrance of his former colleagues.
              Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
              Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

And if he does so, I'll be there. I never miss Hackett when he comes over here. Such class, and yes, his band is quite excellent. They bring new life to the classic Genesis material. I saw him earlier this year doing Seconds Out and more show. Sublime. He has creatively outlived his former colleagues.

As for the Lamb, I think I did read an interview with Hackett and when asked if he would ever perform The Lamb live in its entirety, he said he wasn't too sure, and that it was really more of Gabriel's baby. But never say never....

Comment

Working...
                X