The Return of ELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Return of ELP

This seems kind of creepy and desperate on Carl Palmer's part. I thought he was satisfying his musical oats touring with his all instrumental band. This is one way Howe could work with Anderson and Wakeman (unlikely they would permit it while alive) while bringing back Squire and White. Even Peter Banks could join in on the fun.,
    https://themusicuniverse.com/carl-pa...palmer-return/

Rock'n'roll will never Die!!! 🤓

Comment

hmmm not sure what to think...
      The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
      -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
      -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Carl is a beast and I definitely enjoyed his show with Yestival so I have little doubt that this will also be very good. Too bad he's not bringing it to my neck of the woods...

Comment

His first night in Philly is up against the Yes show in Bethlehem. I've got Yes tickets for that night already.

Comment

Need to see what this all looks and sounds like before I commit to attending. Not sure I'm on board with the concept as it stands... returning to the 90's for a reunion of a reunion?
            If it were actually possible I would LOVE to see some kind of recreation of the BBS tour.

Comment

I was confused when I saw on social media there was an ELP "REUNION" coming......?

I can understand a Palmer Celebrates the Music of ELP Tour, but an ELP "REUNION"? Seems kind of low. Kind of like calling the current line up "Yes". I mean, sort of.... It's totally cool Howe/Downes and the Jr. members are celebrating the music of Yes, and Carl and his band doing ELP. But without most of the senior partners and ones who actually created the magic, just call it a celebration of the music of_____ feat_______.
              Last edited by Somis Sound; 09-07-2022, 01:54 PM.

Comment

It comes across to me as a gimmick and I do not care for gimmicks but it it musters a turnout for Mr. Palmer I am happy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by alex peters View Post
                  It comes across to me as a gimmick and I do not care for gimmicks but it it musters a turnout for Mr. Palmer I am happy for him.
                  I agree in both cases. It is sort of a stretch, a "reunion"?? But good for him and Steve celebrating the amazing music regardless! It's just a name...

Comment

Sir McCartney just did a "reunion" with John Lennon, with the two of them (Paul live, with film of John synched and projected above the stage) for I've Got a Feeling.

A while back there was an AI holographic singing sensation in Japan or Korea.

Natalie Cole dueted with her deceased father Nat King Cole.

I think there are some other examples . . .

This sort of thing was bound to happen sooner or later . . .

Comment

Originally posted by pianozach View Post
                      Sir McCartney just did a "reunion" with John Lennon, with the two of them (Paul live, with film of John synched and projected above the stage) for I've Got a Feeling.

A while back there was an AI holographic singing sensation in Japan or Korea.

Natalie Cole dueted with her deceased father Nat King Cole.

I think there are some other examples . . .

This sort of thing was bound to happen sooner or later . . .
                      Yeah. Remember when Anderson was talking about the ARW shows with holograms !!? LOL... I was hoping for Squire to join them!

Comment

Dio X 2.. ;-)

I would make it a requirement for school kids to experience some old school ELP prog, by going to the show. Carl's not going to be around forever. Will be curious to see how this sells.

Comment

Carl mooted this as a possibility sometime ago. The problem he faces with both Keith and Greg gone is that no real ELP reunion is possible. Clearly a statement of the bleeding obvious! The other problem is that Carl seemingly doesn't want to tour his elp-legacy with a keyboard player and singer to recreate the elp sound. As impressive as Carl’s band is, the decision to go down the guitar route isn't quite to my liking. Paul's use of MIDI guitar 2 to recreate hammond and synth lead sounds, whilst a great piece of technology, seems somewhat contrary to guitar based interpretation of ELP music. For me the Royal Albert Hall concert was just ok, it wasn't ELP in their prime and the problems that would plague both Keith and Greg were evident, but at least they did were out there touring. Then again this is about the only thing that Carl could do, as a way of bringing ELP back. It also is a little bit ironic given that Greg wanted to tour after the 2010 high voltage concert, which was not a great final tribute to elp. For me I would prefer Carl to assemble a band of great musicians to recreate the elp sound rather and celebrate the classic albums- rather than have filmed contributions

Comment

I think, despite some reservations, Carl is showing guts here. I think it could be well emotional to sit there every evening and then be surrounded by colleagues/friends who are deceased, but with whom you have such a long and rich history. I can imagine it will bring back a lot of memories for him.

Comment

ELP had it’s time. Time to let go and move on. This seems almost mentally unhealthy. Different strokes… I’m happy for those that are into it and might get some joy from it.

Comment

Working...
                              X