Johann Sebastian Bach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johann Sebastian Bach

In honour of his birthday (*21 March 1685), I'm creating this thread. That is all.

*Still true, even with the switch from Julian to Gregorian.

Originally posted by PhaseDance View Post
    Still true, even with the switch from Julian to Gregorian.
    It’s really all about that statement.

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

By the way, although the man was a genius, I honestly prefer the works of Johann Christian Bach. So sue me.
    Last edited by Imperatrix; 03-21-2022, 09:19 AM. Reason: Claritas
    Memorare, O piissima Virgo Maria, non esse auditum a saeculo, quemquam ad tua currentem praesidia, tua implorantem auxilia, tua petentem suffragia, esse derelictum. Ego tali animatus confidentia, ad te, Virgo Virginum, Mater, curro, ad te venio, coram te gemens peccator assisto. Noli, Mater Verbi, verba mea despicere; sed audi propitia et exaudi. Amen.

Comment

Happy 337th, Johann!

Edit: Happy 100 posts, me!

Comment

What about P.D.Q. Bach?

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker View Post
          What about P.D.Q. Bach?
          I came back here to ask this! 😂
          Memorare, O piissima Virgo Maria, non esse auditum a saeculo, quemquam ad tua currentem praesidia, tua implorantem auxilia, tua petentem suffragia, esse derelictum. Ego tali animatus confidentia, ad te, Virgo Virginum, Mater, curro, ad te venio, coram te gemens peccator assisto. Noli, Mater Verbi, verba mea despicere; sed audi propitia et exaudi. Amen.

Comment

The St. Matthew passion might just be the greatest piece of music ever composed. In my humble opinion that is.

Comment

As it happens I felt in need of some Bach today, after having a fairly horrible and crappy day yesterday.
              Cantatas 39, 73, 93, 105, 107, 131
              Collegium Vocale, Ghent
              Philippe Herreweghe

Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
              Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post
                The St. Matthew passion might just be the greatest piece of music ever composed. In my humble opinion that is.
                If it isn't, it'll do till the greatest piece of music ever composed gets here...
                Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Working...
                X