Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gtkgasman
    replied
    Ahhhh. Sting. My Wife’s real one true love. 😉. I believe our copy is in the mail. I will return with a comment. I enjoy him. I should. I think I have seen him a gajillion times. 😂.

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Looking forward to this. You kind of forget how good Sting is. Heard the new single Rushing Water, groovy, sophisticated. Also heard a snippet on Beato's interview.
    Delicate prog, you might say

ELECTRIFY EVERYTHING

Leave a comment:

• John Vehadija
    replied
    It's a very contemplative album, they are all great musical ideas a lot of acoustic stuff and storytelling , I like Hills on the Border and The Bridge the most

Leave a comment:

• downbyariver
    replied
    I've been planning to get that one, but haven't done so yet. Any songs you're particularly enjoying thus far? Are there any other albums within or outside of Sting's catalog that the new album as a whole reminds you of?

I've read that there are a lot of references to water. Is that something you really feel in the music and can't help but visualize as a defining factor in your mental portrait of the album, or does it just seem like he happens to mention water a bit more than usual without it really being one of the most heavy defining features of the album does a whole? Is there instrumentation and/or whizbang and/or production work on the vocals that create the sense of being in, under, and around water, or do they just let the words tell that part of the story?
    Last edited by downbyariver; 11-19-2021, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• John Vehadija
    started a topic Sting - The Bridge

Sting - The Bridge

Getting into the new album

Working...
X