X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Jeff Beck

One of THE greats.... RIP

Suddenly contracted bacterial meningitis.... So sad-

We've got two threads going on Jeff so I'll leave this tidbit here. This is a true story and I know people that were at this prom...

BY TIM VONDERBRINK/ ONE SHOT MAGAZINE, WINTER, 1987 (This story by Tim VonderBrink originally ran in One Shot, a fanzine I published in the 1980s, with the headline “Happenings 20 Year…

Comment

Originally posted by kkleinschmidt View Post
      We've got two threads going on Jeff so I'll leave this tidbit here. This is a true story and I know people that were at this prom...

https://stevenrosenwriter.wordpress....h-school-prom/
      Yup, I started this one first... Amazing story !!! A true LEGEND.

Comment

This is my favorite part of the St. X prom story - "The Yardbirds were not the first choice of the prom committee. In fact, desperation had a bit of a hand in it. Prom coordinator Rip Pelley says Cream had originally been hired, but the supergroup trio of Clapton, Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker failed to pass a popularity contest."

WTF? Seriously I mean who the heck gets bands of this sort to play at their high school prom especially in Cincy? And Cream got dissed??? Unbelievable...

Comment

Originally posted by kkleinschmidt View Post
          This is my favorite part of the St. X prom story - "The Yardbirds were not the first choice of the prom committee. In fact, desperation had a bit of a hand in it. Prom coordinator Rip Pelley says Cream had originally been hired, but the supergroup trio of Clapton, Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker failed to pass a popularity contest."

WTF? Seriously I mean who the heck gets bands of this sort to play at their high school prom especially in Cincy? And Cream got dissed??? Unbelievable...
          Hahaha. No kidding! Rip Pelley was one rockin' dude !! He even dissed Cream. Wow............. so gangster!
          Last edited by Somis Sound; 01-11-2023, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Somis Sound View Post
            One of THE greats....
            Absolutely. Such a shock.
            Rabin-esque
            my labor of love (and obsessive research)
            rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by luna65 View Post

Absolutely. Such a shock.
              Still can't believe it.

Comment

Jeff Beck was amazing. Arguably the Best ever, I don't think Rock had better.

Comment

Working...
                X