Joni Mitchell. Live in concert. Today. 24 July 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joni Mitchell. Live in concert. Today. 24 July 2022

That's right. You haven't misread this. She sang a whole concert with Brandi Carlile at The Newport Folk Festival. Beyond poignant. You'll need a tissue.

BOTH SIDES NOW

https://youtu.be/4aqGjaFDTxQ

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg-164.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	22118
    Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 07-24-2022, 11:05 PM.

Happy to hear she made a full recovery.

Comment

I'm pleased she's better, but the videos [most of the gig is on youtube] suggest her voice is in poor shape.

Comment

Originally posted by madbear View Post
        I'm pleased she's better, but the videos [most of the gig is on youtube] suggest her voice is in poor shape.
        For me her voice hasn’t been great since the mid 70s, but that’s just my prefernces.

Comment

I watched, I cried.

I never thought she would be well enough to perform. Of course she is a shadow of her former self but there is clearly so much love on the stage for her. In essence she was having her hand held during the performance so should she falter other would pick up the vocal line.

Comment

Yes, very moving. I've been playing Hejira all morning, again...

Comment

It was amazing, wasn't it? So wonderful to see her up there again.
              Rabin-esque
              my labor of love (and obsessive research)
              rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Yep. Choked me up to see. She's frail but when she relaxes and her phrasin' is incredible. The way the fadin' notes trill and softly twist True Joni.

My pick of the vids is Summertime. A performance truly for the ages.

Comment

I put on my headphones to watch it at work but I started blubbing in the office...
                  Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                  Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Working...
                  X