Clannad: in a lifetime___redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clannad: in a lifetime___redux

So great, they recorded it again. In Donnegal. In an ancient church with an astonishing new guest star.......

https://youtu.be/Z4vktyQx3OQ

"Video Unavailable" ☹️

Comment

What a gorgeous video… Thanks for sharing! If they were going to record it with a new guest vocalist, one that I think could’ve been very cool would’ve been Mary Fahl, formerly of October Project. She has an absolutely spectacular voice and would be really good on the song.

Comment

I'll check out Mary Fahl. Denise is actually also a rapper who I saw first perform her stuff on the Late,Late Show. Ryan was quite smitten

ELECTRIFY EVERYTHING

Comment

I'm not a hardcore Clannad fan, but got tickets for one of their 50th anniversary shows as a present - should be interesting. I'd like to see a reunion with Enya

Comment

I have tickets for their farewell tour, to see them in both St. Louis and Chicago. It was bumped from October 2020 to October 2021, and then to October 2022. We'll see what happens....

I've actually seen them twice before (2012 and 2014) and they are wonderful.

Comment

Cool. Saw them back in 85 in Canberra with my sisters, fittingly. Didn't do In a Lifetime, which was their big hit at the time. Remember being annoyed at that but to this day have never heard harmonising like that. Nowadays Moya's daughter plays bass in the band. One of the old uncles has died. Hope they perform Brave Enough. They will be amazing and hope they come down here too.

Harry's Game.
              New Grange.
              Robin the Hooded Man.
              Brave Enough.
              In a Lifetime.
              I will find You.(Last of the Mohicans)
              Closer to your Heart.
              A Celtic Dream.
              + more

what a setlist to look forward to

Comment

I'm pretty sure this was recorded separately from the filming and therefore probably in a studio somewhere. Bono's guest vocal is, in my opinion, far more impactful on the original. Macalla is one of my favorite albums. Note perfect in every way.

Comment

Yeah Denise' vocals have a lot of reverb etc.

The Dublin man: Bono's vox still amazing
                  The Belfast man: Brian Kennedy's version not so much

Comment

Originally posted by T.R. Brockbanks View Post
                    I'm not a hardcore Clannad fan, but got tickets for one of their 50th anniversary shows as a present - should be interesting. I'd like to see a reunion with Enya
                    No Enya, No Clannad! 😚

Comment

Working...
                    X