elbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

elbow

Yes, it's lower-case.. just like the band wants it.

I'm a huuge fan of this band. Will post more later, but I wanted to at least get this started.

Anyone else?

Ok, another dude who sounds like Peter Gabriel. Feel another deep dive comin' on 😮

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
      Ok, another dude who sounds like Peter Gabriel. Feel another deep dive comin' on 😮
      HA! It's true. There's lots of Gabriel-esque moments in their catalog.

I've seen them live 3 times so far (2014, 2017, and early 2020) and hoping for a fourth chance someday. An incredibly powerful and moving live experience. Few bands have made me laugh, cry, sing, and dance in the same show, sometimes in the same song.

Comment

ONE DAY LIKE THIS

elbow.

Nice anthemic string-driven toon. Garvey comes across a sweeter younger brother of Ricky Gervais.
        Has rich, warm voice. Emotive. Melancholic.

WHAT AM I WITHOUT YOU

More of the same. Heartfelt symphonic pop-prog. Seems a thoroughly decent chap.
        Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 04-27-2022, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Better to stick with elbow. penne sounds just like another Spanish word that has absolutely nothing to do with pasta. :-)

Comment

I like elbow quite a bit. I wouldn’t say that they have they have that one signature/masterpiece type album that ends up on everyone’s special list, but I think all of their records are good and have something to offer. Also, take a look at the album cover for Leaders Of The Free World. Does it remind you of any Genesis album covers?
            “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

I tend to like their more obscure songs best.
              I’ve got 7 songs of theirs. That may not seem a lot,
              but it still is.
              (For instance, I only have 6 songs from King Crimson)

Comment

Working...
              X