PMG/Metheny and Mays, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMG/Metheny and Mays, etc.

Any other fans besides me, CybrKhatru, and Phasey?

Here’s a wonderful article I found today:

https://www.allaboutjazz.com/phase-d...-metheny-group
    Memorare, O piissima Virgo Maria, non esse auditum a saeculo, quemquam ad tua currentem praesidia, tua implorantem auxilia, tua petentem suffragia, esse derelictum. Ego tali animatus confidentia, ad te, Virgo Virginum, Mater, curro, ad te venio, coram te gemens peccator assisto. Noli, Mater Verbi, verba mea despicere; sed audi propitia et exaudi. Amen.

Love Metheny. Enjoy all his many albums. My favorites are Offramp and Secret Story amongst others. I have seen him 3 times in concert. Wonderful shows!

Comment

I have "First Circle" and "Still Life (Talking)" by PMG.

The Pat Metheney Unity Band

"Street Dreams" by Lyle Mays

I saw the PMG in 1987 in New Haven and the Unity band 2013? in Storrs (UCONN)

Comment

Interesting to hear the perspective from drummers on the music.

Here's another good article I read recently, which is an interview with Lyle. He certainly didn't shy away from taking credit (where credit is due).

https://www.lylemays.com/something-left-unsaid

Comment

Pat is up there for me. I've tried to hook up Jon with Pat but Jon didn't seem interested. I think they could make the greatest album together! I've seen him 35 times going back to circa 1980 in Denver.

Attached Files

Comment

Love Pat! I think I've seen him probably 5 or 6 times, 2 of where were with the legendary PMG and the others in other configurations, including the recent "Side-Eye" tour.

Comment

Originally posted by PhaseDance View Post

Here's another good article I read recently, which is an interview with Lyle. He certainly didn't shy away from taking credit (where credit is due).

I'm in the middle of this and my mind is blown. I've read a lot over the years about the guys but this has to be one of my favorite pieces. On a sad note, the other article on this page I finished reading says nothing about Pat and Antonio reuniting. I assumed that would happen after the Side Eye projects were done. Did I assume wrong?

Comment

Yeah I'm a fan, although I'm more familiar with the earlier work.
                Rabin-esque
                my labor of love (and obsessive research)
                rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

I LOVE Pat Metheny! My favorite albums are "Offramp", "Travels" (Oh, this is SO good!), and "The Road To You".

Comment

The first shot was from the second time I met him at Longwood Gardens. This was from the Keswick Theatre outside of Philadelphia during the Orchestrion tour. Click image for larger version

Name:	Scott and Pat.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	440.0 KB
ID:	10796

Comment

Hi, kids. I haven’t forgotten this thread; I’ve been sick for days (no; not COVID-19), and I’ll eventually get to the point at which I can discuss stuff. I have a whole lot of tests and things coming up, so Imma crawl back under my covers and rest. Maybe I’ll even lurk a bit. ❤️
                      Memorare, O piissima Virgo Maria, non esse auditum a saeculo, quemquam ad tua currentem praesidia, tua implorantem auxilia, tua petentem suffragia, esse derelictum. Ego tali animatus confidentia, ad te, Virgo Virginum, Mater, curro, ad te venio, coram te gemens peccator assisto. Noli, Mater Verbi, verba mea despicere; sed audi propitia et exaudi. Amen.

Comment

Get better soon, kiddo! Being sick is no fun.

Comment

Originally posted by PhaseDance View Post

Oh my word. This is absolutely brilliant. Thank you for finding and posting this. No wonder Lyle has always been my hero.

"style is (the) shallowest possible way to discuss music". AMEN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Imperatrix View Post
                            Hi, kids. I haven’t forgotten this thread; I’ve been sick for days (no; not COVID-19), and I’ll eventually get to the point at which I can discuss stuff. I have a whole lot of tests and things coming up, so Imma crawl back under my covers and rest. Maybe I’ll even lurk a bit. ❤️
                            So sorry... I hope you are better quickly!

Comment

AND...a posthumous Grammy win for "Eberhard" (Best Instrumental Composition) - hurray! ❤
                              Rabin-esque
                              my labor of love (and obsessive research)
                              rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X