throwback bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

throwback bands

This is really a thing now, I think...it seems like it used to be a band like that would come along every decade or so but now there are many many bands which have made a particular period of music their whole sound. I mean, it makes sense, given the current culture. So we can discuss those we like and why. And yeah, if you want to bang on about how this is all aesthetically bankrupt or whatever, okay, but that's not what I'm here for, anyway.

I've already discussed that I'm a fan of Greta Van Fleet so I won't revisit them, but lately I've been surveying '80s throwbacks, and many of them really do manage to capture the '80s hard rock/pop metal direction pretty well. But the only one I actually enjoy listening to is Crazy Lixx. They're from Sweden, and that makes total sense to me as well.

They're just so together, like Beau Hill came out of retirement and worked the boards. So I'm assuming it's an insane level of attention to detail in all aspects. It makes me nostalgic but not in a I'm crying in the club for my lost youth kind of way, more like, just the excitement of discovering something which sounds good to my younger self. Inside me are two wolves, and one of them may like to headbang to shiny-clean pop metal.

Last edited by luna65; 03-18-2022, 01:02 PM.
    Rabin-esque
    my labor of love (and obsessive research)
    rabinesque.blogspot.com

I'm sure they'll show up on Peacemaker season two…

Comment

Ah ha, yeah, could be...it's definitely an interesting soundtrack choice.
      Rabin-esque
      rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Cats In Space is worth investigating. Classic rock style as if they existed back in the day.

Comment

Oh wow, yeah I get what you mean. They have that early '80s AOR thing for sure.
          Rabin-esque
          rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X