Flute-players..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flute-players..?

For my birthday back in 2017 I treated myself to a flute, a decent student instrument made by Trevor James. Bought a 'Flute For Dummies' book, which is actually pretty good. It's been slow going however, and in July it'll be five years since I bought it.
    I think one of the things holding me back, aside from myself as usual, is I didn't realise how loud a flute can be, and living in a flat I'm always conscious of other people living above and below me.
    Any other wannabe flutists out there, or in here, who could suggest anything helpful to me in getting to grips with it much appreciated. I've no aspirations to play for or with anyone; it's purely a personal recreation thing.
    I get a nice tone, a flow of notes, I've had no problem with my embouchure. It cost me nearly £400 so I want to do my best to make it worthwhile.
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

I have a flute. And I have a mouth. The two don't work very well together, unfortunately. So I can't offer the suggestions you are seeking, but I may well also be interested in any responses.

(I had thought that I might progress a bit during the lockdowns, but that didn't turn out to be the case!)

Comment

Originally posted by Susanne View Post
      I have a flute. And I have a mouth. The two don't work very well together, unfortunately. So I can't offer the suggestions you are seeking, but I may well also be interested in any responses.

(I had thought that I might progress a bit during the lockdowns, but that didn't turn out to be the case!)
      I completely relate to that Susanne.
      Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
      Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Once tried to learn saxophone. Could only play it out in the back paddocks. Did a decent The Saints Come Marching In. That's about all.

The cows were amused though.

Keep at it. Would be great to play along with records and maybe join a group to play at pubs etc.

Or arenas 😉

Comment

Working...
        X