Your Evening's Viewing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
    also. Ana de Amas is portrayin' Marilyn Monroe currently in Blonde. Has been doin' the talk shows.

The resemblance in the film is so uncanny, now when I went by our local bookstore, a photo of MM looks more like Ana than is possible. Thought it was her. A mind blower 🤯

Click image for larger version  Name:	blonde_0.jpg Views:	3 Size:	31.2 KB ID:	26677
    Saw Ana on two talk shows yesterday: Stephen Colbert on Youtube and watched Seth Meyers "live". (there was nothing else on and Ana's so lovely)

I'd like to see Blonde but it's not likely I'll get the chance.
    Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
    My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

The Game
      Dir. David Fincher (1997)
      Michael Douglas
      Deborah Kara Unger
      Sean Penn
      Carroll Baker
      James Rebhorn

Fincher planned to make The Game before 1995's Se7en, but when Brad Pitt became available he put The Game aside till 97.

I don't think Michael Douglas is much of an actor; the roles he's best known for all tend to be of the same kind, and he's played characters, on more than one occasion, with the same name in different films. Limited but solid. He has a good voice, and one can't fault his lineage. It's because it's a David Fincher film that it appeals, not because of who's in it.
      The Game: Directed by David Fincher. With Michael Douglas, Sean Penn, Deborah Kara Unger, James Rebhorn. After a wealthy San Francisco banker is given an opportunity to participate in a mysterious game, his life is turned upside down as he begins to question if it might really be a concealed conspiracy to destroy him.
      Last edited by Ash Armstrong; 09-22-2022, 12:53 PM.
      Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
      Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

PIERCE BROSNAN ON HIS ICONIC ROLES

https://youtu.be/EANoL-Jewus

Don't hate him cause he's handsome.

Great actor. Checkout The Foreignor with Jackie Chan. He plays a dodgy NI politician who gets hassled by a grievin' Chan. Great performance with
        an accent like Paisley.

My 3rd fave Bond. Which is actually a compliment.

Click image for larger version  Name:	images.jpeg-253.jpg Views:	26 Size:	23.8 KB ID:	26834
        Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 09-25-2022, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Pierce Brosnan, pre-Bond, was in a jolly little low budget TV movie called Live Wire which is worth a watch. The late Ron Silver (Blue Steel, Time Cop) also features.

Comment

He'll always be Remington Steele to me.
            Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
            My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Wolf View Post
              He'll always be Remington Steele to me.
              Just sounds like a brand of hairdryer

Comment

Cheers to both 'Ghost Writer' (very good movie) and Ana de Amas (everyone’s favorite Joy bot).

Comment

Dir. Zack Snyder (2006)
                  Gerard Butler
                  Lena Headey
                  David Wenham
                  Dominic West
                  Michael Fassbender

The Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BCE. Thermopylae, in central Greece on the Malian Gulf, takes its name from the hot sulphurous springs that emerge at the foot of the mountains. Thermopylae means 'Hot Gates', and in Greek mythology it was believed to be an entrance to Hades, the Underworld.
                  300: Directed by Zack Snyder. With Gerard Butler, Lena Headey, Dominic West, David Wenham. King Leonidas of Sparta and a force of 300 men fight the Persians at Thermopylae in 480 B.C.
                  Last edited by Ash Armstrong; 09-23-2022, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Ahhhh, college football Saturday. Go Hogs!! Go RU!!

Comment

This evening's feature presentation:

Eye In The Sky
                      Dir. Gavin Hood (2015)
                      Helen Mirren
                      Aaron Paul
                      Alan Rickman
                      Jeremy Northam
                      Iain Glen

This was Alan Rickman's final film appearance, and the film is dedicated to his memory.
                      Eye in the Sky: Directed by Gavin Hood. With Faisa Hassan, Aisha Takow, Armaan Haggio, Helen Mirren. Col. Katherine Powell, a military officer in command of an operation to capture terrorists in Kenya, sees her mission escalate when a girl enters the kill zone triggering an international dispute over the implications of modern warfare.

Comment

I Watched Get Carter the other night. Amazing film... not only Michael Caine but Newcastle Upon Tyne, a city as a character. Violent, alarming and beautifully shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Get_Carter_poster.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	26976

Comment

Originally posted by madbear View Post
                          I Watched Get Carter the other night. Amazing film... not only Michael Caine but Newcastle Upon Tyne, a city as a character. Violent, alarming and beautifully shot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Get_Carter_poster.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.1 KB ID:	26976
                          Is that Vera-town? Nice bridge heheheheee

Name:	vera-tours-of-newcastle.jpg
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	26979

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

Is that Vera-town? Nice bridge heheheheee

Name:	vera-tours-of-newcastle.jpg
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	26979
                            It is! My daughter is at university there, and it's a great place, though I have only been there twice. I think it's changed since Get Carter days though...

Comment

NFL on the side…..

Quadrophenia. (Again, lol).
                              The who - live kilburn
                              maybe Tommy later on.

Comment

The Invaders S1: E13
                                "Panic"

DVD complete series boxset.
                                Panic: Directed by Robert Butler. With Roy Thinnes, Robert Walker Jr., Lynn Loring, R.G. Armstrong. Nick Baxter's an invader, and his touch proves lethal: he's developed an illness which promises a slow death for him, but a very rapid death by freezing for any organism he touches. David tracks him down, but others of his kind are also interested in finding him. Baxter wants to reach a ship so he can get medical help, but he's convinced those hunting him want him dead. David's success may depend on convincing someone who's turned his back on humanity, to find in himself the desire to help others.

Comment

Working...
                                X