Japan leg of the tour

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMKUSA
    replied
    I hope they play the full OTSWOF in the states, plus more songs from The Quest! It makes sense they didn’t make any big changes from the UK tour since they only played a handful of shows in Japan and didn’t have a lot of time to rehearse.

Leave a comment:

• bondegezou
    replied
    Originally posted by Davy
    I just wish they would stop using Roundabout and Starship Trooper for the encore. You have to play Roundabout? OK, play it at the end of the main set and surprise us with something fresh. Open the show with The Ice Bridge. Swap out Wurm for Wheels. Play a song or two from FFH, H&E, The Ladder, or even 90125. Do something, anything, that shows there's a pulse in there and you're not just a '70s box set.
    I'd love to hear some material from "FFH, H&E, The Ladder, or even 90125", but I do appreciate that at least the band's sets do more comprehensively cover the '70s than they used to. We get songs from Time and a Word through to Drama, rather than just from The Yes Album to Close to the Edge plus Going for the One, which could be the case in the past.

Leave a comment:

• bondegezou
    replied
    Originally posted by josuev80

Yes has not been too endearing to its fans when it comes to their setlist choices in 2022. What they did OTSWOF out of the gate in the UK was a major stumble. I wonder if they are still playing the truncated version of it in Japan. There will be pitchfork if they give the same treatment to Sound Chaser if they really play all of Relayer next year.
    They have indeed still been playing the abbreviated "OtSWoF" in Japan.

Leave a comment:

• luvyesmusic
    replied
    Originally posted by Davy
    I just wish they would stop using Roundabout and Starship Trooper for the encore. You have to play Roundabout? OK, play it at the end of the main set and surprise us with something fresh. Open the show with The Ice Bridge. Swap out Wurm for Wheels. Play a song or two from FFH, H&E, The Ladder, or even 90125. Do something, anything, that shows there's a pulse in there and you're not just a '70s box set.
    All good ideas, but it's the casual attending fans they are encouraging to fill most of the seats. And older/,old I might say. Promoters also have a big say in what gets played. And then there are the early negative reactions at times to new stuff.

Nine Voices was nice to hear and see performed for the 50th. Would love to personally hear more of The Ladder, again.

Leave a comment:

• Davy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• josuev80
    replied
    Originally posted by kkleinschmidt
    It would be one thing if they just did this as a random one off, but to actually advertise this show as being special and offer this is just lame. It would be one thing to get an additional (crappy) solo song but drop HOTS completely? Wow...
    Yes has not been too endearing to its fans when it comes to their setlist choices in 2022. What they did OTSWOF out of the gate in the UK was a major stumble. I wonder if they are still playing the truncated version of it in Japan. There will be pitchfork if they give the same treatment to Sound Chaser if they really play all of Relayer next year.

Leave a comment:

• kkleinschmidt
    replied
    It would be one thing if they just did this as a random one off, but to actually advertise this show as being special and offer this is just lame. It would be one thing to get an additional (crappy) solo song but drop HOTS completely? Wow...

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Originally posted by roundabout

I don't think The lame pop song "Video killed the radio star" will go over well as a replacement for HOTS
    I'm just relieved they didn't do a cover of "Think I'm Turnin' Japanese, I really Think So". *

* the song I danced to bringin' in the 80's at New Years Eve disco.

Leave a comment:

• luvyesmusic
    replied
    What would have happened if Kim Carnes was a Buggle back in the day? She's got the appropriate wardrobe thing going on. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• soundchaser09
    replied
    Originally posted by Ash Armstrong
    The mind buggles...
    ha ha ha

Leave a comment:

• Ash Armstrong
    replied
    The mind buggles...

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Holland
    replied
    Originally posted by bondegezou

So, drum roll... they got "Leaves of Green" (Howe/Davison/Sherwood) + "Video Killed the Radio Star" (just Downes) instead of "Heart of the Sunrise".

Not the most exciting change...
    That's putting it mildly.

Leave a comment:

• roundabout
    replied
    Originally posted by bondegezou

So, drum roll... they got "Leaves of Green" (Howe/Davison/Sherwood) + "Video Killed the Radio Star" (just Downes) instead of "Heart of the Sunrise".

I don't think The lame pop song "Video killed the radio star" will go over well as a replacement for HOTS

Leave a comment:

• bondegezou
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Holland
    Yeah I see it now. "An acoustic interlude" it says in translation.

Leave a comment:

• Gtkgasman
    replied
    Originally posted by luvyesmusic
    Would be cool if they played a one-off Relayer show for the Japanese fans. They should at least get a bonus track. ;-)
    Oh boy would that get this site blowing up! With anticipation!👍😁

Leave a comment:

Working...