Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japan leg of the tour

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Eh... we all have our moments. Hope Mrs. Gasman is feeling better!

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by Davy View Post
      Eh... we all have our moments. Hope Mrs. Gasman is feeling better!
      Thx!!!!!!! Getting better!!!!!!!

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post

        Thx!!!!!!! Getting better!!!!!!!
        That's good to hear.
        Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by Davy View Post
          I just wish they would stop using Roundabout and Starship Trooper for the encore. You have to play Roundabout? OK, play it at the end of the main set and surprise us with something fresh. Open the show with The Ice Bridge. Swap out Wurm for Wheels. Play a song or two from FFH, H&E, The Ladder, or even 90125. Do something, anything, that shows there's a pulse in there and you're not just a '70s box set.
          It is strange and I'm not sure who (Must be Steve?) it stems from but Yes have zero confidence in playing their own new material. Since Rabin left its been the "classic" lineup doing a "classic" setlist. Honestly I would be happy with a setlist %100 of music from the last 6 albums. Aaaaaaaaaaannnnd that just gave me an idea for a thread.
          “Not a single philosophic, moral, aesthetic or biological discovery allows the denial of God.” ~ Salvador Dali

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by The Whale View Post

            It is strange and I'm not sure who (Must be Steve?) it stems from but Yes have zero confidence in playing their own new material. Since Rabin left its been the "classic" lineup doing a "classic" setlist. Honestly I would be happy with a setlist %100 of music from the last 6 albums. Aaaaaaaaaaannnnd that just gave me an idea for a thread.
            They played a lot of FFH live when they were promoting it, but much less of Heaven and Earth. That suggests to me that they were less confident in it. But also, at the time they were playing two full albums in concert and the promoters like that. So they had limited space in the setlist.

            It will be interesting to see if they play more than 2 new songs on the US tour. They don’t appear to have much time set aside for rehearsals, so it does seem a bit doubtful unless they’ve been rehearsing more songs and haven’t played them live yet.

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by JMKUSA View Post
              They played a lot of FFH live when they were promoting it, but much less of Heaven and Earth. That suggests to me that they were less confident in it. But also, at the time they were playing two full albums in concert and the promoters like that. So they had limited space in the setlist.

              It will be interesting to see if they play more than 2 new songs on the US tour. They don’t appear to have much time set aside for rehearsals, so it does seem a bit doubtful unless they’ve been rehearsing more songs and haven’t played them live yet.
              I think they did have more confidence in FfH than in H&E, which frankly is true for most of us.

              Yes have become a nostalgia band live. I don't think that's because of Howe or because Rabin left (the ARW setlist was 98% nostalgia). It's what happens when you get old and your audience get old. We've seen the same with King Crimson, with Genesis, with Jethro Tull (albeit somewhat less so), with Caravan, etc. etc. etc.

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by bondegezou View Post

                I think they did have more confidence in FfH than in H&E, which frankly is true for most of us.

                Yes have become a nostalgia band live. I don't think that's because of Howe or because Rabin left (the ARW setlist was 98% nostalgia). It's what happens when you get old and your audience get old. We've seen the same with King Crimson, with Genesis, with Jethro Tull (albeit somewhat less so), with Caravan, etc. etc. etc.
                True to this. I think it's fairly easy; if there is demand for something it will happen. If audiences were screaming in masses for these acts to play their new album or or material from later albums, it would happen. But as the case is, the vast majority of the audience is there for the classic stuff, that's what they buy a ticket for.

                Comment

                Working...
                X