No announcement yet.

Japan leg of the tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be one thing if they just did this as a random one off, but to actually advertise this show as being special and offer this is just lame. It would be one thing to get an additional (crappy) solo song but drop HOTS completely? Wow...

Comment

Originally posted by kkleinschmidt View Post
      It would be one thing if they just did this as a random one off, but to actually advertise this show as being special and offer this is just lame. It would be one thing to get an additional (crappy) solo song but drop HOTS completely? Wow...
      Yes has not been too endearing to its fans when it comes to their setlist choices in 2022. What they did OTSWOF out of the gate in the UK was a major stumble. I wonder if they are still playing the truncated version of it in Japan. There will be pitchfork if they give the same treatment to Sound Chaser if they really play all of Relayer next year.

Comment

I just wish they would stop using Roundabout and Starship Trooper for the encore. You have to play Roundabout? OK, play it at the end of the main set and surprise us with something fresh. Open the show with The Ice Bridge. Swap out Wurm for Wheels. Play a song or two from FFH, H&E, The Ladder, or even 90125. Do something, anything, that shows there's a pulse in there and you're not just a '70s box set.

Comment

Originally posted by Davy View Post
          I just wish they would stop using Roundabout and Starship Trooper for the encore. You have to play Roundabout? OK, play it at the end of the main set and surprise us with something fresh. Open the show with The Ice Bridge. Swap out Wurm for Wheels. Play a song or two from FFH, H&E, The Ladder, or even 90125. Do something, anything, that shows there's a pulse in there and you're not just a '70s box set.
          All good ideas, but it's the casual attending fans they are encouraging to fill most of the seats. And older/,old I might say. Promoters also have a big say in what gets played. And then there are the early negative reactions at times to new stuff.

Nine Voices was nice to hear and see performed for the 50th. Would love to personally hear more of The Ladder, again.

Comment

Originally posted by josuev80 View Post

Yes has not been too endearing to its fans when it comes to their setlist choices in 2022. What they did OTSWOF out of the gate in the UK was a major stumble. I wonder if they are still playing the truncated version of it in Japan. There will be pitchfork if they give the same treatment to Sound Chaser if they really play all of Relayer next year.
            They have indeed still been playing the abbreviated "OtSWoF" in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Davy View Post
              I'd love to hear some material from "FFH, H&E, The Ladder, or even 90125", but I do appreciate that at least the band's sets do more comprehensively cover the '70s than they used to. We get songs from Time and a Word through to Drama, rather than just from The Yes Album to Close to the Edge plus Going for the One, which could be the case in the past.

Comment

I hope they play the full OTSWOF in the states, plus more songs from The Quest! It makes sense they didn’t make any big changes from the UK tour since they only played a handful of shows in Japan and didn’t have a lot of time to rehearse.

Comment

Originally posted by bondegezou View Post

I'd love to hear some material from "FFH, H&E, The Ladder, or even 90125", but I do appreciate that at least the band's sets do more comprehensively cover the '70s than they used to. We get songs from Time and a Word through to Drama, rather than just from The Yes Album to Close to the Edge plus Going for the One, which could be the case in the past.
                  They do, and I still enjoy going to see them. Three newer songs, and I'd be content. But they do need to change up the encore.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKUSA View Post
                    I hope they play the full OTSWOF in the states, plus more songs from The Quest! It makes sense they didn’t make any big changes from the UK tour since they only played a handful of shows in Japan and didn’t have a lot of time to rehearse.
                    I think the US set will be very similar to the UK/Ireland set. (The Japanese set appears to have been shortened at the behest of the promoter or venues.) It would be unlike the band to make any big changes. So, I will be surprised if they play the full "OtSWoF" and if they play more than 2 Quest songs. (Not that I wouldn't be delighted to be surprised.)

Comment

So, drum roll... they got "Leaves of Green" (Howe/Davison/Sherwood) + "Video Killed the Radio Star" (just Downes) instead of "Heart of the Sunrise".

Not the most exciting change...
                      Embarrassing. We are all suckers. Myself one of the worst included. Jeeez.

Comment

I think the US set will be very similar to the UK/Ireland set. (The Japanese set appears to have been shortened at the behest of the promoter or venues.) It would be unlike the band to make any big changes. So, I will be surprised if they play the full "OtSWoF" and if they play more than 2 Quest songs. (Not that I wouldn't be delighted to be surprised.)
                        if we go back to Fly From Here, the band added in more songs from that album over time, starting with just We Can Fly, then doing the full suite, and then also playing Life on a Film Set and Into the Storm (before dropping those songs and only playing the Suite when I saw them in 2012). I’m hoping they add in more songs, but I agree it is not likely.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKUSA View Post

if we go back to Fly From Here, the band added in more songs from that album over time, starting with just We Can Fly, then doing the full suite, and then also playing Life on a Film Set and Into the Storm (before dropping those songs and only playing the Suite when I saw them in 2012). I’m hoping they add in more songs, but I agree it is not likely.
                          True about FFH, but you know what they say; it's the exception that makes the rule.....😉

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

True about FFH, but you know what they say; it's the exception that makes the rule.....😉
                            Yes, but that was the last time the band had an album they believed in. So here’s hoping we get more new songs in the states!

Comment

Couple of downloads/shows have been added to FY. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post

Embarrassing. We are all suckers. Myself one of the worst included. Jeeez.
                                wow. Was I in a bad mood that day or what? 😂. Not glass half full at all. Well my wife was in the hosp that week. I was extra bummed.

Anyhow. Embarrassing isn’t how I feel today. Surprised is better word. Weird substitution. May as well just have done “video killed…” in addition.

anywhoo, I listened to the 9/6 show today whilst puttering around. It was as expected for this lineup and this day and age. Was good with some real good segments, for me.

This may fly in the face of other of my posts, but, While disappointed with the truncated Silent Wings, I liked hearing it for a change. And same goes for The Ice Bridge. I also enjoyed Siberian - still has some energy to it.

Will prob listen to the 9/12 show tomorrow. Sure will be the same. But , hey, there are way worse things to happen than that…..

😉😊

Comment

Working...
                                X