Tavistock Wharf show 13 June (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tavistock setlist
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
      Tavistock setlist
      Interesting... This is Billy’s? I’m a nitwit with technical stuff. I understand he has an Ibanez bass. But Fish and White? And the letters are tunings?
      Somebody enlighten me, please!

Comment

Originally posted by Ceasar’s Palace View Post

Interesting... This is Billy’s? I’m a nitwit with technical stuff. I understand he has an Ibanez bass. But Fish and White? And the letters are tunings?
        Billy had a white bass and a bass with fish on it. I think both of those are Spector basses but could be wrong!

Comment

Another review:

https://theprogressiveaspect.net/blog/2022/06/15/yes-4/

Comment

Originally posted by JMKUSA View Post

Billy had a white bass and a bass with fish on it. I think both of those are Spector basses but could be wrong!
            Thank you. (Crawling back under my stone)

Comment

Originally posted by Ceasar’s Palace View Post

The letters & numbers “7B” etc are probably patch numbers for Billy’s effects processor (bank 7 patch B) that’s how I mark up setlists when using my Line 6 device.

Comment

Originally posted by Khatrooper View Post

The letters & numbers “7B” etc are probably patch numbers for Billy’s effects processor (bank 7 patch B) that’s how I mark up setlists when using my Line 6 device.
                Ah, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
                  According to Forgotten Yesterdays, this is the first time On the Silent Wings of Freedom has been performed since April 1979 in Quebec. The opening bass riff used in Whitefish or alongside Amazing Grace doesn't count as it's not the full song. Am I right in thinking it appears on the tribute album to Chris, a Life in Yes? Dunno who performs it though.
                  Reviving Future Times/Rejoice would be nice. Always thought that would make a good opener.
                  The Quebec bootleg of OTSWOF is amazing - enough said

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post
                    Great review, thoughtfully written

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

It is indeed abbreviated, as one can hear on this clip from the Glasgow show. They have left the bass/drum intro off and from Firebird Suite plunge straight into the main part of the song:

That's a trip! The opposite of what I would have thought as to how it would start. Pretty cool, now I gotta find a clip with the rest of it.

Comment

I know I can research it with http://forgotten-yesterdays.com and utoob clips, and I will, but does anyone know offhand, is this the first time Jay has played the encore chestnuts Rndbt & ST (with Yes)?

Comment

Originally posted by Khatrooper View Post
                          I know I can research it with http://forgotten-yesterdays.com and utoob clips, and I will, but does anyone know offhand, is this the first time Jay has played the encore chestnuts Rndbt & ST (with Yes)?
                          No, he played them in 2016 on the Drama and Tales summer tour in America when Alan was completely out of the band.

Comment

Working...
                          X