Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YES CTTE 50th Tour UK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    YES CTTE 50th Tour UK

    Some really cool treasures from the 4 shows I saw in the UK

    #2
    And a great setlist

    Comment


      #3
      Super cool, never seen a Yespen before
      "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

      Comment


        #4
        Cool!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by jskawaken1 View Post
          Some really cool treasures from the 4 shows I saw in the UK
          That is cool swag. I want the pens!
          I looked on Yesworld and didn't see the pens, but I did see a missed opportunity.
          The "Yes Incense" would be even better if it was called "The Odor of the Universe".

          Comment


            #6
            🤣

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by jskawaken1 View Post
              Some really cool treasures from the 4 shows I saw in the UK
              Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.

              Looking forward to some #CTTE50 YES shows (and merch!) soon in AMERI-CAaaaaa...!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by John Vehadija View Post
                Super cool, never seen a Yespen before
                Here ya go -
                One from not so long ago, Yes50.....and one from the way back machine (which I actually got at Yescon 87), lol

                Comment


                  #9
                  Wow very cool
                  "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Having watched a few vids on y-t of Yes' current tour- I have to reluctantly say that some of the videos have been less than encouraging- Some of tracks start ok but they seem to lack energy and there are still some tempo challenges.- I would think that having JA singing with the current Yes would probably make them sound much better- no disrespect to JD- he does an admirable job- whilst his voice is fairly close, it isn't JA, who despite his age, is sounding remarkable! Jay has also helped with the energy and tempos to some extent, - but I must draw the difficult comparison to AWR- and how much better they were,. The y-t videos do seem to suggest that Yes have improved as they have played more shows- but then that tells me there wasnt enough rehearsing.-

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by The sage View Post
                      Having watched a few vids on y-t of Yes' current tour- I have to reluctantly say that some of the videos have been less than encouraging- Some of tracks start ok but they seem to lack energy and there are still some tempo challenges.- I would think that having JA singing with the current Yes would probably make them sound much better- no disrespect to JD- he does an admirable job- whilst his voice is fairly close, it isn't JA, who despite his age, is sounding remarkable! Jay has also helped with the energy and tempos to some extent, - but I must draw the difficult comparison to AWR- and how much better they were,. The y-t videos do seem to suggest that Yes have improved as they have played more shows- but then that tells me there wasnt enough rehearsing.-
                      What I find quite striking is that everyone who has just seen YouTube videos is negative to neutral, while all reviews of people who actually attended the shows ate ranging from positive to raving.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        It's because of being caught up in the excitement of the moment, particularly since none of us have experienced the band live for three years. Contrary to many of you, I'm of the opinion that "the videos don't lie," - and I'm a fan of the current band.

                        I've noticed this phenomenon in person at shows. When I've closed my eyes and just listened, I've realized that sometimes the band is playing much slower or not as good as I thought. And it isn't just Yes, I noticed that with ARW, too. In general, they played a little quicker than YesO, but not always, some of their songs plodded along, too.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Davy View Post
                          It's because of being caught up in the excitement of the moment, particularly since none of us have experienced the band live for three years. Contrary to many of you, I'm of the opinion that "the videos don't lie," - and I'm a fan of the current band.

                          I've noticed this phenomenon in person at shows. When I've closed my eyes and just listened, I've realized that sometimes the band is playing much slower or not as good as I thought. And it isn't just Yes, I noticed that with ARW, too. In general, they played a little quicker than YesO, but not always, some of their songs plodded along, too.
                          But isn't that the way it should be? A concert IS an experience, where all senses are stimulated and not just merely the ears/listening. It's audience and band going through an evening together.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Sure, I just think that's one reason for the disconnect. It's easy to nitpick YouTube videos after the fact.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I think that the concert is as others have stated an immersive experience. I was so glad I went, first ever concert on my own with out wife or friends, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

                              There is a big disconnect between videos of the concert and the reality of being there, a phone ban was in place and that was good to see, enjoy the concert, listen to the incredible sounds, watch individual members of the band. Also the atmosphere at Symphony Hall was incredible, it is a wonderful venue and acoustically one of the best in the UK.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X