Is Anyone At The Debut Show In America?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Anyone At The Debut Show In America?

Anyone? What's going on? Thanks in advance.

Maybe we should start the thread with Jon and The Kids at the same venue, two months ago.

Comment

Setlist up at setlist.fm

DTK back in
      TIB

Steve solo Clap

Comment

"We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Comment

I was there! Yes, I’m still around (if anyone remembers me from the old site).

Very briefly, the show was great! I was happy they played two songs from the new album. I’d have to check Forgotten Yesterdays to be sure, but I think this was the first time I ever heard OTSWOF live. Billy honored Chris’ original bass part very well!

The tribute to Alan at the beginning was touching and tear-inducing. I have new memory to attach to “Turn Of The Century” now.

Obviously, this was the first time I had heard the whole CTTE album live since the 3-album tour. To be honest, I thought it sounded better tonight - not that it wasn’t great on that previous tour, but they really nailed it tonight. Jay played really well all night - he’s a great drummer, and I’m sure Alan loved his playing from The Great Beyond.

Everyone performed really well. You expect glitches/mistakes on an opening night of a tour, but, besides some problem with volume levels at the beginning, I didn’t notice anything glaring. The band clearly had fun all night, and they appreciated the love they got from the audience. The sound was great at the Keswick, but, then again, it always is. Steve, as seems to be customary, lectured the audience about the virtues of being quiet during quiet sections of music at the beginning of the show; however, he relaxed as the show went on. He was really on tonight too. The entire band was energetic and happy all night. Just a great show altogether.

I was pleased to see how many younger people were in the crowd, specifically those not there with a parent - there were many. Good music will always attract new fans - I was reminded of that yet again tonight.

I’m not seeing the Saturday show, but I am seeing them in Bethlehem next month. It’ll be nice to compare/contrast the two shows later. That’s all for now!

Comment

Great! Thank you for the review!
            "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Comment

Wow That was brutal. Does anyone who listened to that think this product that YES is putting out is worth 150 bucks a ticket? Can't wait for Jon and the Geeks

Comment

Originally posted by roundabout View Post

Wow That was brutal. Does anyone who listened to that think this product that YES is putting out is worth 150 bucks a ticket? Can't wait for Jon and the Geeks

Comment

Still looking forward to the DC show in November.

Comment

Hoping that was 1st night jitters. CTTE was way off. They all sounded out of sync, tempo was way off. Things picked up around 4:30 but then quickly went sideways again.

Comment

I am excited YES has, once, again, starting touring the U.S.. I almost forgot they started as my show is close to mid-November. Go, Steve, go, Geoff, go, Billy, go, Jon, go, Jay! Go, YES!

ALWAYS love hearing/reading about/seeing young people going to the shows.

Comment

Forgotten Yesterdays entry for the 'dress rehearsal '. Lots of pics and a review.
                        Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

The most I’m willing to pay for a concert ticket is around $80 so no concert is worth $150 to me. Listening to this performance I’d probably pay $40-$50 for it if the show happened on a Friday or Saturday at a location convenient to me with ample parking.

Last edited by Frumious B; 10-09-2022, 04:32 AM.
                          “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

Bit of footage from Twitter of Starship Trooper. The 'dress rehearsal' I think. It's awful.
                            Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                            Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

A glowing review of the Keswick show:

Comment

Working...
                              X