Brilliant Night in Dublin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant Night in Dublin!

Tonight's gig in Vicar Street, Dublin was fantastic!

The set list was unchanged from previous shows and I felt that it worked very well.

All of the band were in amazing form. Juano's voice seems to me to have really matured beautifully and there's a warmth behind the amazing range now that works so well with the harmonies from Steve and Billy. His stage presence felt more relaxed and yet more powerful too. Billy was just perfect on bass and backing vocals. He was the ideal person to take over the mantle from Chris.

Jay was precise, energetic and looked like he was having a great time. A great addition to the band (in sad circumstances, admittedly). Geoff was great - he does so much without being flamoyant about it, but his soundscapes and soloing are spot on! His musical ripostes to Steve really make this line-up special.

And as for Steve... well, he's just remarkable! Playing like a demon on fire! In great form, even joking about Brexit.

The audience were fantastic (I think Vicar Street was full). A seated gig, but standing applause after most of the songs. And the band seemed to appreciate the warmth and respect.

Luckily (thanks to the kindness of one the members of this board), I get to see them again tomorrow night in Cork. Can't wait!

Groovy! Btw Clannad always claimed YES as a big influence. The Edge could play CTTE as a teenager.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Great pics!
                Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

Had an amazing night at the gig. Was my first Yesshow and me and all my friends had a fantastic time. Really impressed and I really hope to see them again in the not too distant future! Jay and Billy were particularly impressive I thought.

Comment

Great to hear that for a first timer
                    "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Comment

Great reviews and brilliant pics!

Comment

Thanks for sharing it all with us
                        Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I was on first row,far right(Billy's side).
                              This photo was taken in Dudley's,not far from Vicar Street ,before the gig.

Comment

Working...
                              X