Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Show in the Round

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Full Show in the Round

    So glad someone captured this

    The Definitive YES Albums

    -The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
    -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Talk-
    -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-Mirror to the Sky-

    #2
    Great! Glad this is available!
    "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

    Comment


      #3
      Awesome, have seen a few clips on YT but will give the full show a watch 😎
      CHECK OUT MY BAND SAHARA SKY AT.. https://open.spotify.com/artist/6Vl3kHvkM19m2PdFRFRsr1 🙂

      Comment


        #4
        Very nice opening with the Remembrances

        Comment


          #5
          I play this loud through a small PA and it sounds great!

          Comment


            #6
            I expected to not like this performance......


            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	136
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	32055...Happy I was wrong!!

            Comment


              #7
              Is the decision to play 'in the round' at certain venues determined by the configuration of the venue itself and how the seating is arranged, or is it something the band opt for on a whim? It must complicate matters, I would have thought, and they wouldn't be able to use the video screens would they? Does it revolve or is it static?
              As I recall, most of the Union Tour was in-the-round, but one filmed performance (Mountainview?) wasnt?
              Just curious as to the whys and wherefores of these things, is all?
              Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
              Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
                Is the decision to play 'in the round' at certain venues determined by the configuration of the venue itself and how the seating is arranged, or is it something the band opt for on a whim? It must complicate matters, I would have thought, and they wouldn't be able to use the video screens would they? Does it revolve or is it static?
                As I recall, most of the Union Tour was in-the-round, but one filmed performance (Mountainview?) wasnt?
                Just curious as to the whys and wherefores of these things, is all?
                Depends on venue. This venue is set up this way. Typically the state rotates slowly, and presumably is set up so all wires don’t get tangled. Sounds like a nightmare for the crew but I’m sure the venues are set up so it isn’t too difficult.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by JMKUSA View Post

                  Depends on venue. This venue is set up this way. Typically the state rotates slowly, and presumably is set up so all wires don’t get tangled. Sounds like a nightmare for the crew but I’m sure the venues are set up so it isn’t too difficult.
                  The 1978/79 revolving stage could make two and a half revolutions before reversing direction to untangle all the cables! The 1991 stage was larger because there were 8 people in the band. Those stages were probably broken up and the parts either reused or thrown out.
                  I think a lot of the 1980 Drama tour in North America used the revolving stage in-the-round, but it wasn't used in the UK at all as they were playing theatres and concert halls, but you could tell the lighting rig was intended for the revolving stage as it was in segments.
                  I assume the staging now is hired for the venue on route, rather than carried around with them? Logistically, for the band and crew, it must be a pain.
                  Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                  Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

                    The 1978/79 revolving stage could make two and a half revolutions before reversing direction to untangle all the cables! The 1991 stage was larger because there were 8 people in the band. Those stages were probably broken up and the parts either reused or thrown out.
                    I think a lot of the 1980 Drama tour in North America used the revolving stage in-the-round, but it wasn't used in the UK at all as they were playing theatres and concert halls, but you could tell the lighting rig was intended for the revolving stage as it was in segments.
                    I assume the staging now is hired for the venue on route, rather than carried around with them? Logistically, for the band and crew, it must be a pain.
                    I think the difference now is the venues have their own revolving stage. Not very common, but I think that’s why they like to play those venues.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X