Should YES enter the Metaverse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should YES enter the Metaverse?

Seems it's happening already. Bieber, Lil' Nas, Billie Eilish among others have held virtual concerts. Sold virtual merchandise called "verchandise".
    The Zuckerbot has developed The Sandbox. Virtual concert venue/theme park. Your avartars can shop. Smoke a joint. Yell out "freebird".

This is all invisible, unlived experience. Looks like a cartoon. What with crypto currencies, NFT's and now a Sims world just for you. Never again feel old. Pissed off trying to park the car. Arrange babysitters.

So should YES Official join up? Will their record company force them?
    Imagine no more paunches, gapped teeth, bad breath onstage. Just blistering solos and Dean graphics. On a magic wall behind.

If that Portugese gig keeps getting pushed back this could be the only way to see YES in 2022?

With the Singularity/ quantum computing you will even choose the band members and setlist. Even newsongs based on your preferances
    composed by AI.

Sound good?

Afraid you and I have no say.

Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 02-05-2022, 09:35 PM.

Does It Really Happen? It Can Happen. Or could.
    All depends on if those who make these things possible can be made to believe there is money to be made.
    I'm not sure if there is enough demand these days for a virtual Yes presence.
    I'm thinking the older portion of the Yes demographic may not be willing to follow the band into the simulation.

Is Roger selling NFT's yet? That could be a way to gauge interest.
    And how about a virtual re-creation of a 76 Solo Tour show?
    Possibilities are endless... just gotta find that funding!

But yeah, I'd go for the full package where you can put all Yes elements into the AI and create things past, present and future. If that was available I might retire there 😏.

Comment

No........

Comment

Right after Robert Fripp does.

Comment

I mean, even if they do, so what?
          Rabin-esque
          my labor of love (and obsessive research)
          rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yesjim View Post
            Does It Really Happen? It Can Happen. Or could.
            All depends on if those who make these things possible can be made to believe there is money to be made.
            I'm not sure if there is enough demand these days for a virtual Yes presence.
            I'm thinking the older portion of the Yes demographic may not be willing to follow the band into the simulation.

Is Roger selling NFT's yet? That could be a way to gauge interest.
            And how about a virtual re-creation of a 76 Solo Tour show?
            Possibilities are endless... just gotta find that funding!

But yeah, I'd go for the full package where you can put all Yes elements into the AI and create things past, present and future. If that was available I might retire there 😏.
            Yep. Roger and Freya's nose for a buck has seen NFT's available. No idea how successful they are. Obviously Boomers are not gamers and prefer Facebook. Now I may wait to be bedridden in some aged care facility before I bother to biometrically engineer an avatar and join others at a YES gig in the metaverse. Choosing Anderson, Howe, Squire, Moraz and Bruford to perform their 3 hour odyssey "Flying the Flags and Drums" (inside joke).

Talk about entering the Mind Drive!
            Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 02-06-2022, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Remember Second Life?

Comment

It still exists, even if it's not that popular anymore.
                Rabin-esque
                my labor of love (and obsessive research)
                rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

I wouldn't have any interest in something mediated by Facebook, or that requires VR equipment that costs several hundred dollars.

I also wouldn't be interested in paying real world ticket prices to stream a concert online.

Here is the package that might get me- live stream concert online for no more than $10 that's watchable on PCs, phones, Roku boxes, etc., plus a free with purchase MP3 live album version of the concert delivered a few days later (Even just a soundboard recording with minimal production work after the fact). Taken as a whole, that'd be a good value. It's also something they are very unlikely to do in exactly that way (The sticking points probably being price and the live album.).

I realize that maybe what that means is that, realistically, I am not interested, but I didn't want to put it that way because it makes it sound like there are no circumstances where I'd like the idea. There are some.
                  "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

Originally posted by Ceasar’s Palace View Post
                    Remember Second Life?
                    I do, and pop in there once every few years when I remember it exists.

Comment

Help out an out of touch dude - does metaverse mean that virtual cartoon stuff or does it include regular on line concerts too, or both?

Comment

Good question Gtk. It's meant to be both. Can use VR headsets and you can also just watch a livestream but as your own avatar. It's meant to be all online reality (?)

You design your own avatar. Biometrically from your own body. Link up with your FB friends for example. Warning: you won't have legs however, or genitals.

Already women have been hassled by other avatars. How they monitor that I don't know. Like sci-fi movies. It's still just dudes in space. Same deal. There'll be sketchy dudes in the Metaverse. At the YES concert there'll still be some rando dancing by themselves in the aisle.

Bottom line? : they'll try and squeeze as much sweet moolah as they can. Invisible "verchandise" floats your boat go for it. Or sign up for $US399 a month to boogie along to Jon's early morning birdsong chants.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
                          Good question Gtk. It's meant to be both. Can use VR headsets and you can also just watch a livestream but as your own avatar. It's meant to be all online reality (?)

You design your own avatar. Biometrically from your own body. Link up with your FB friends for example. Warning: you won't have legs however, or genitals.

Already women have been hassled by other avatars. How they monitor that I don't know. Like sci-fi movies. It's still just dudes in space. Same deal. There'll be sketchy dudes in the Metaverse. At the YES concert there'll still be some rando dancing by themselves in the aisle.

Bottom line? : they'll try and squeeze as much sweet moolah as they can. Invisible "verchandise" floats your boat go for it. Or sign up for $US399 a month to boogie along to Jon's early morning birdsong chants.
                          Thx!!!!!! That doesn’t look like it’s in my wheelhouse! Haha. But - if they do regular on-line concerts, maybe include a little swag download as mentioned above, I might give that a whirl.

My wife’s cousin’s daughter attends an arts college, and sings, and I enjoyed getting to watch her on line during covid 2020 as the school and kids coordinated shows from home. So I’m not adverse to the tech. I just prefer in person....😊

........damn, I miss actual tickets and stubs too!!!! 😆

edit: If you watch the Progressive Insurance commercials on TV, that”ll give you a good idea of my state of being, 😆, those people are all me - especially at the airport....
                          Last edited by Gtkgasman; 02-08-2022, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Is this something to do with Zuckerberg rebranding Facebook and related social media?
                            Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                            Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Yep. Meta is new parent company of FB etc. Big tech are banking on young generation's experience of playing as avatars in games to extend to developing a psychologically satisfying second life. Buying real estate that doesn't exist.. Having relationships online. Consumer goods with cryptocurrency. Second Life in other words.

Bizarre, no? Elon Musk has already developing clinical trials for all manner of neuro-transmitting software chips. If it helps someone who is quadriplegic, that sounds great. For others in the first world to live in 2 supposedly linked worlds? Dunno. Man and machine?

Science fiction becoming science fact?

And when I say first world I mean developed countries. In 600 years kids in the Papuan mountains will still hunt wild pigs with no idea all this Metaverse stuff exists. While kids in Tokyo will never believe life without robots ever existed or could be possible or worth living.

Comment

Working...
                              X