Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

European Relayer Tour now 2023

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    European Relayer Tour now 2023

    http://yesworld.com/2022/04/re-sched...m-series-tour/

    Delayed. Again!

    #2
    Just beat me to the punch.....but the positive thing is we might actually get Relayer instead of Close to the Edge.

    Comment


      #3
      So the tickets for the original dates went on sale in 2019? Seems kinda like Waiting for Gates Of Delirium-ot at this point.
      β€œWell ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post
        Just beat me to the punch.....but the positive thing is we might actually get Relayer instead of Close to the Edge.
        Yeah, it looks that way. Which makes the CTTE decision for the UK even more bizarre. It'll probably be changed to Tales 50th anniversary a few weeks before the tour kicks off. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

        Comment


          #5
          Unless Geoff is going to try and play Relayer while the rest of the band play Close to the Edge.... Now that would be properly out there!
          Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
          Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Frumious B View Post
            So the tickets for the original dates went on sale in 2019? Seems kinda like Waiting for Gates Of Delirium-ot at this point.
            Deftly done!
            Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
            Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Yorkshire Square View Post

              Yeah, it looks that way. Which makes the CTTE decision for the UK even more bizarre. It'll probably be changed to Tales 50th anniversary a few weeks before the tour kicks off. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
              My guess is that YES wanted to get playing live again (first time since 2019), with a few dates but not a full Relayer tour from the get go. That's why they retained the UK slots, knowing they were going to play Relayer in Europe and UK in 2023, as had been planned.

              My other guess is that the US tour of Relayer in October will also include CTTE50.

              On a general point. The press release today was clear in that it was referring to mainland Europe 2023 rescheduled dates for Relayer. The many comments on social media today just prove that most just didn't read it.

              Comment


                #8
                I'm so confused. ;-)

                I love the new photo, Arno. Looking good/great! :-)
                Last edited by luvyesmusic; 04-21-2022, 10:33 AM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Not unexpected. Remember the feelin'when YES were comin' down under after 30 years before Jon climbed up that damn ladder to fix Xmas lights. A bitter pill to swallow.

                  Shame about the delay but the pandemic isn't over even if mandates are easin'. My niece's partner, a big strappin' lad from the Bush, volunteer firefighter had to go to emergency recently. Very sick. He's better now. Cruise ship back in Sydney Harbour.

                  Ironically Portugal was the most vaccinated country in the world. Both Midnight Oil and Crowded House have had to delay gigs at the moment to isolate.

                  Say it again. Hope you Brits and Irish can see them in June.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
                    Not unexpected. Remember the feelin'when YES were comin' down under after 30 years before Jon climbed up that damn ladder to fix Xmas lights. A bitter pill to swallow.

                    Shame about the delay but the pandemic isn't over even if mandates are easin'. My niece's partner, a big strappin' lad from the Bush, volunteer firefighter had to go to emergency recently. Very sick. He's better now. Cruise ship back in Sydney Harbour.

                    Ironically Portugal was the most vaccinated country in the world. Both Midnight Oil and Crowded House have had to delay gigs at the moment to isolate.

                    Say it again. Hope you Brits and Irish can see them in June.
                    I don't think it's as much the risk of members or crew getting covid, as that it seems that just about every European country has its own set of rules surrounding covid, travelling in and out. It must be a logistical nightmare to try to organise a tour across Europe at the moment. QED management has acknowledged this as the main reason for postponing the tour on social media.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      It truely beggars belief.

                      How on earth do folk think that after changing the UK 2022 tour to CTTE50 , the band would still play the Relayer tour on mainland Europe prior to the UK tour?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Well that certainly seems like enough practice time to be able to play Relayer live!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by cwtiren View Post
                          Well that certainly seems like enough practice time to be able to play Relayer live!
                          Eh πŸ˜•

                          in 2022?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Dondeh View Post

                            My guess is that YES wanted to get playing live again (first time since 2019), with a few dates but not a full Relayer tour from the get go. That's why they retained the UK slots, knowing they were going to play Relayer in Europe and UK in 2023, as had been planned.
                            What 2023 UK dates are you referring to??

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Yorkshire Square View Post

                              What 2023 UK dates are you referring to??
                              The ones not yet announced.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X