Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anderson to tour with The Band Geeks in 2023

In the latest prog magazine : according to Jon

“We’d do CTTE, GOD, Awaken and then a bunch of Classic songs”. “ We’d make it sound as much like YES in the 70’s as possible”

This has made my day. Let’s hope it actually takes place . If its in the USA then I am coming over :-) . This could really be his last tour with a decent band playing Yes stuff.

I hope it's true, this would be awesome!
    "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Comment

Geeks are good. Hope the girl who sings doesn't get kicked to the kerb, as the young 'uns say.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
        Geeks are good. Hope the girl who sings doesn't get kicked to the kerb, as the young 'uns say.
        I can't see Ritchie letting that happen.
        Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Well she's not featured here...
          https://richiecastellano.com/bandgeek/
          Is this the same guy who's the new BöC member ?

Comment

It won't happen because they won't be playing anywhere near me but I'd rather see this than current YES...and it makes me sad...

Comment

Mixed feelings. On the one hand The Band Geeks are great. Really love their stuff and I'm sure they'll be a great backing band to Jon. And Jon is still in great voice.

On the other hand (and I'll probably get chastised for this), it feels like Jon looking for cheap labour. I'm pretty sure the professional musicians of his 1.000 Hands backing band, costed a tad more than either the School of Rock or now The Band Geeks.

Comment

Maybe Jon should tour Relayer and heavily promote it.

Comment

Jon keeps getting kicked out of band after band lmao ....

do I want to see the band geeks do yes music live... yes

do I want to see them do reggae versions that Jon insists on... NO

so hard pass until i see them doing it correctly

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post
                    Mixed feelings. On the one hand The Band Geeks are great. Really love their stuff and I'm sure they'll be a great backing band to Jon. And Jon is still in great voice.

On the other hand (and I'll probably get chastised for this), it feels like Jon looking for cheap labour. I'm pretty sure the professional musicians of his 1.000 Hands backing band, costed a tad more than either the School of Rock or now The Band Geeks.
                    One would not have to reach too far to anticipate you saying something of this sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

Jon loves singing the music he helped to create. He can’t do it with YesO, so he has to pick another group of people.

For me the stronger the group of musicians that he plays with the better. I reckon the Band Geeks are a better bet in that regard than his 1000 Hands Band.

Why the mixed feelings ?

Comment

Originally posted by rabin105 View Post
                        Jon keeps getting kicked out of band after band lmao ....

do I want to see the band geeks do yes music live... yes

do I want to see them do reggae versions that Jon insists on... NO

so hard pass until i see them doing it correctly
                        I don’t find your views on this that surprising , but the fact you mentioned in another thread that you might give Yes0 a pass , did surprise me

Comment

Jon will be 78 in October. If he's able to put something together with musicians of the calibre we know the Band Geeks are, I'm all for it. It'll likely be the final opportunity, so it would be churlish to damn it, and damn him, before it happens. To hell with the politics and finances of such a venture!
                          It will most likely be confined to the US in any case, so uzlot over 'ere will miss out. I just hope if it happens it's only attended by those most willing to appreciate it.

Comment

I doubt the Band Geek’s singer will be kicked to the curb. This is one time tour (if it happens) and then she will resume as lead. She will probably provide well needed vocals to accompany Anderson.

Comment

With World War III about to get underway, I suspect there won't be much time for concert-going anyway...

Comment

Working...
                              X