Jon was always ahead of his time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T.R. Brockbanks View Post

Close to the Edge, lucky you! The Trans Band was an amazing lineup, but short-lived. Neil's All-Star Band
    I think there are two threads here that have kind of gotten mixed together. I didn't comment on the Trans Band. I'm in the other thread, where Luna's friends on here are defending her against me to the nines. I already tried to make peace with Luna but instead got more things thrown at me. I'd say I'm taking it like a man, but it might get Luna back on her soap box. So disregard that comment.

But I do love Neil and was lucky enough to present a photo of Steve Howe and Neil to Steve a couple of summers ago. Steve was backstage at Neil's show in Philly in 83. I framed it for Steve and he was very appreciative as they both looked great. Who didn't in '83...
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Close to the Edge 72 View Post

I think there are two threads here that have kind of gotten mixed together. I didn't comment on the Trans Band. I'm in the other thread, where Luna's friends on here are defending her against me to the nines. I already tried to make peace with Luna but instead got more things thrown at me. I'd say I'm taking it like a man, but it might get Luna back on her soap box. So disregard that comment.

But I do love Neil and was lucky enough to present a photo of Steve Howe and Neil to Steve a couple of summers ago. Steve was backstage at Neil's show in Philly in 83. I framed it for Steve and he was very appreciative as they both looked great. Who didn't in '83...
      Sorry, I was referring to Ash being close to the edge of the stage Great pic !

Comment

Conversations evolve, and move on....
        Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
          Conversations evolve, and move on....
          Not when it comes to anything Yes-related, has been my experience. ;-)

​​​​​​Much love to everyone, every day! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Somis Sound View Post

I remember all that. I get Geoff's sense of humor. I don't think he was being mean and ugly. Though many were offended and thought it was a bunch of hog wash... I am going to put on my Yuppet shirt tonight though...
            Geoff Downes has always been a top notch guyi n my book, and what I have witnessed with anyone who has spent friendly time with. He's allowed to be himself. We all have different thoughts every day. The guy is and has been in the band, and certainly knows all parties involved, much more than those holding old Meet & Greets lanyards. His politics might not be everyones' cup a tea, but who gives a toss, really?. I don't believe anyone has been on the receiving end of endless YES-shite as an individual as Geoffrey has.

Nothing wrong with not putting up with a bunch of bullocks, setting the record straight, and not remaining silent, for frankly a bunch of folks who are rude, and usually wrong.

Geoff loves his fans, and those who support his endeavors, past and present. He even told Martin and company/ management to look out for me on a couple of occasions in a very good way. Very generous man, with an intelligent sense of humor /humour. I also like that every picture Geoffrey takes with a fan, whether it's the first or thousandth, he always has a genuine smile on his face. Class act, and always one busy m.f..

Comment

Originally posted by luvyesmusic View Post

Geoff Downes has always been a top notch guyi n my book, and what I have witnessed with anyone who has spent friendly time with. He's allowed to be himself. We all have different thoughts every day. The guy is and has been in the band, and certainly knows all parties involved, much more than those holding old Meet & Greets lanyards. His politics might not be everyones' cup a tea, but who gives a toss, really?. I don't believe anyone has been on the receiving end of endless YES-shite as an individual as Geoffrey has.

Nothing wrong with not putting up with a bunch of bullocks, setting the record straight, and not remaining silent, for frankly a bunch of folks who are rude, and usually wrong.

Geoff loves his fans, and those who support his endeavors, past and present. He even told Martin and company/ management to look out for me on a couple of occasions in a very good way. Very generous man, with an intelligent sense of humor /humour. I also like that every picture Geoffrey takes with a fan, whether it's the first or thousandth, he always has a genuine smile on his face. Class act, and always one busy m.f..
              👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by luvyesmusic View Post

Geoff comes across to me as probably the most grounded and 'no nonsense' member of all Yes members past and present. He does seem a genuinly nice chap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

Geoff comes across to me as probably the most grounded and 'no nonsense' member of all Yes members past and present. He does seem a genuinly nice chap.
                  You really think Downes is more grounded than any of The Holy Trinity?

Comment

Originally posted by yamishogun View Post

You really think Downes is more grounded than any of The Holy Trinity?
                    Certainly. Jesus always seems a little bit "preachy". God is up there in the clouds. And as for the Holy Spirit, well he's practically invisible compared to Geoff.🤗

Comment

Working...
                    X