Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could have an extra album, which era?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by bondegezou View Post

    The current Yes have squeezed most of the non-ARW members in: Bruford introducing at the London 50th anniversary show, Horn and Moraz doing guest spots, Kaye doing many guest spots, releasing From a Page for Wakeman junior and David. Even Brislin shook a tambourine at one show.
    Once again. Point missed. Must be me. They all. All. ( I could care less about factions etc. ). Missed opportunities to include Banks at some point. Including Banks as I read above. I don’t want to see that happen with JA now.

    Thats my fan. Fan perspective. Reality is they can and will do whatever they want and I know they don’t owe me anything.

    edit: Really. It’s me being selfish also! 😊😊
    Last edited by Gtkgasman; 02-18-2022, 08:50 AM.

    Comment


      #47
      No question, for me. Moraz period

      Comment


        #48
        I would’ve wanted another album from the Drama troupe. It could have served as a transitional album that mixed the metal-tinged prog of Drama and the more radio-friendly music of 90125.

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by Esthe View Post
          I would’ve wanted another album from the Drama troupe. It could have served as a transitional album that mixed the metal-tinged prog of Drama and the more radio-friendly music of 90125.
          In some ways, that might describe the first Asia album.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by Bill M View Post

            In some ways, that might describe the first Asia album.
            I’ve never listened to the Asia album, but I’ll take your word for it.

            Comment


              #51
              Oh, those early classic years…😎
              Memorare, O piissima Virgo Maria, non esse auditum a saeculo, quemquam ad tua currentem praesidia, tua implorantem auxilia, tua petentem suffragia, esse derelictum. Ego tali animatus confidentia, ad te, Virgo Virginum, Mater, curro, ad te venio, coram te gemens peccator assisto. Noli, Mater Verbi, verba mea despicere; sed audi propitia et exaudi. Amen.

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Imperatrix View Post
                Oh, those early classic years…😎
                The thing with that is unlike the Relayer and Drama lineup, there isn’t much room to fit in another album.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by Esthe View Post

                  The thing with that is unlike the Relayer and Drama lineup, there isn’t much room to fit in another album.
                  Struth—but I don’t dream small/logically. 😜
                  Memorare, O piissima Virgo Maria, non esse auditum a saeculo, quemquam ad tua currentem praesidia, tua implorantem auxilia, tua petentem suffragia, esse derelictum. Ego tali animatus confidentia, ad te, Virgo Virginum, Mater, curro, ad te venio, coram te gemens peccator assisto. Noli, Mater Verbi, verba mea despicere; sed audi propitia et exaudi. Amen.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by Imperatrix View Post

                    Struth—but I don’t dream small/logically. 😜
                    Don’t we all.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by josuev80 View Post
                      The Union lineup with a couple of songs with all 8 members and the other songs with different combinations of musicians. It could potentially have opened the door for Banks and Moraz to appear on a song since they left the band.
                      True -- Union-era Yes could be added as a category.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        I've always felt like they could have done one more between 74 and 77. I'm not sure if this would mean another one with Patrick or not though. I suppose he wasn't really a good fit with the band. I also would have liked to have had another ABWH album and I also felt like they could have fit another one in between 90125 and Big Generator so three votes for me.
                        Last edited by Soundchaser413; 03-07-2022, 03:49 AM.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by Soundchaser413 View Post
                          I've always felt like they could have done one more between 74 and 77. I'm not sure if this would mean another one with Patrick or not though. I suppose he wasn't really a good fit with the band. I also would have liked to have had another ABWH album and I also felt like they could have fit another one in between 90125 and Big Generator so three votes for me.
                          I think Patrick gelled well with the music on Relayer. I could see him doing another album with them, but I think the songs are too simple on GFTO for him to really get in to the groove.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by Esthe View Post
                            I think Patrick gelled well with the music on Relayer. I could see him doing another album with them, but I think the songs are too simple on GFTO for him to really get in to the groove.
                            Maybe. Apparently he rehearsed with them on some of those before they became too developed. Obviously he didn't stick around but it would have been interesting to hear what might have happened. I actually meant something besides GFTO though. I meant they should have done another album (possibly with Pat) instead of doing the solo albums and tour thing. There was an instrumental track on the Yesyears box set that maybe gives us a small hint as to what that might have sounded like but it didn't have Patrick on it and I don't remember the name of it.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by Soundchaser413 View Post

                              Maybe. Apparently he rehearsed with them on some of those before they became too developed. Obviously he didn't stick around but it would have been interesting to hear what might have happened. I actually meant something besides GFTO though. I meant they should have done another album (possibly with Pat) instead of doing the solo albums and tour thing. There was an instrumental track on the Yesyears box set that maybe gives us a small hint as to what that might have sounded like but it didn't have Patrick on it and I don't remember the name of it.
                              That’s what I meant with the other album thing I talked about.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                1. Relayer part 2 with Moraz
                                2. Drama part 2
                                3. A "real" Union album after the Union tour
                                4. The Classic line up in 2005-6, with Horn producing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X