Clear All

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    No sweat Henry.

Leave a comment:

• bondegezou
    replied
    Originally posted by bondegezou View Post

You're right. I swear I changed it... must have lost an update somewhere.

Will fix.
    There you go. I hadn't FTP'd the latest version over to the server!

Leave a comment:

• bondegezou
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

Had a look. Where?
    You're right. I swear I changed it... must have lost an update somewhere.

Will fix.

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    OK. some conflicting views about the song and video.

Thankfully some random dude on Youtube has opined from the front seat of his car.

https://youtu.be/C-yRYmGUigw

The sophistication is next level. Car seems to be parked in a McDonalds carpark. Probably filmed after dropping off the kids to the ex-wife.
    The pathos is actually heartbreaking. One is reminded of that lonely and deluded Rob Brydon series about the taxi driver stalking his ex-wife.

He refers to himself in the third person. He even has the nerve to mention PayPal and bitcoin. He probably just needs a hug.
    Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 02-13-2022, 10:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied

He's there now!
    Had a look. Where?

Leave a comment:

• highfell
    replied
    Originally posted by highfell View Post

But the video is still shockingly poor. It has no resonance to Yes. I can’t see anyone watching it who then deicides I am going to buy the album
    Compared to this video, which is nicely done :

https://www.thenewyesfans.com/forum/...morse-jennings

Leave a comment:

• pianozach
    replied
    I recall a 1994 video from Blues Traveller in which a fake band is on stage pretending to play the music. The fake band is young, edgy, fashionable, sexy.

The real band is actually playing backstage.

They mix it up with a bit of a Wizard of Oz "man behind the curtain" homage as well.

Possibly inspired by Milli Vanilli being exposed as frauds in 1989.

Leave a comment:

• Ash Armstrong
    replied
    Originally posted by Davy View Post
    Upon further reassessment, maybe the video for The Ice Bridge is the best. Too much kaleidoscope in this one.
    Takes me back to the guitar solo on Stairway to Heaven from The Song Remains the Same...

Leave a comment:

• Davy
    replied
    Upon further reassessment, maybe the video for The Ice Bridge is the best. Too much kaleidoscope in this one.

Leave a comment:

• bondegezou
    replied
    On a related point. What has Wayne Joyner got to do to be mentioned in Where Are They Now? Produce 5 videos for YES.? 6?....... Henry?
    He's there now!

Leave a comment:

• highfell
    replied
    Wayne Joyner.

Ok. I've done my own research on this cat.
    So far so good, long lank hair and goatee. Tick.
    Cut his graphics teeth on the weather channel. Tick. Doesn't hail from Iceland as previously thought. But from Atlanta Georgia. Tick. Works for loads of metal/prog bands. Tick. Seems like a nice,humble guy. Tick. As he says, he's just a fan. Tick.

Took on board ideas from Geoff. Tick.

But the video is still shockingly poor. It has no resonance to Yes. I can’t see anyone watching it who then deicides I am going to buy the album

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Hooley Dooley. Never good karma to have your current squeeze in a video. Though JLo probly had Ben in one back in the day. Exception to the rule

Courtney Cox used to be the go-to girl for music videos for eye candy. Springsteen? Bon Jovi? Counting Crows? She still scrubs up pretty OK. 50 is the new 30. And all that. Though she may only do Snow Patrol videos now. 😍

Two of the better videos, OOALH and FFH actually portray anxious men escaping threats. But as this is a love song and a paen to communal sacrifice, an anxious man could be consoled by a lover. (And a nurse!) Hooley Dooley!

On a related point. What has Wayne Joyner got to do to be mentioned in Where Are They Now? Produce 5 videos for YES.? 6?....... Henry?
    Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 02-12-2022, 11:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• downbyariver
    replied
    Emily Lodge is about the same age as Davison. There are a lot of people online called Emily Lodge, so it's difficult to work out which are the Emily Lodge, but this is her, in the middle, a few years ago: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/492651646711051783/
    Based on the photo, she's definitely young and good looking enough looking to play herself (or authorize her image to be used) in a video like this. Of course, even putting it that way makes me wonder if it should even matter- this isn't the MTV era where looks were paramount for music videos anyway, the audience for a Yes video on YouTube might value authenticity over appearance anyway (Although, as I said, maybe it's just me, but she looks gorgeous for 50 [ish], so I don't think that's the tradeoff anyway).

Leave a comment:

• Frumious B
    replied
    It’s a real shame they didn’t use this video as an opportunity to do a shot for shot remake of Whitesnake’s “Here I Go Again” only set to the music of “A Living Island”.

Leave a comment:

• bondegezou
    replied
    Originally posted by downbyariver View Post
    People mentioned that the band might be too old to be a focal point for a video like this, but Juano is probably young enough to work. I don't know what his girlfriend looks like, but if she isn't, they could use a model, budget permitting.
    Emily Lodge is about the same age as Davison. There are a lot of people online called Emily Lodge, so it's difficult to work out which are the Emily Lodge, but this is her, in the middle, a few years ago: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/492651646711051783/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X