No announcement yet.

Yes are releasing a new music video for A Living Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love a Yesalbum inspired by that image...

Comment

The Real Deal.....
      Attached Files

Comment

2,000,000 cryptocurrency gazoolies to the first person who can discover the individual or studio behind all these videos.

Do we need Dan Roth again?

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
          Bring on the dancing girls....!

Comment

Rather controversially, over on Progears.com , Henry has suggested they bring back Ken Horn ( Trevor's TV producer brother) to do these videos. Did he do the FFH one? On the plane?

Seems Ken was co-producer on recent series of Line of Duty. So that is impressive.

Got me thinking. If you had a few million cryptocurrency gazoolies to spare. Who would you employ to direct YES videos?

Comment

It was kind of corny and clunky? But the landscapes that were used were nice, just that they got reused - and inserting the logo and album cover and song title at several points is just...not it.
              Last edited by luna65; 02-17-2022, 12:59 PM.
              Rabin-esque
              my labor of love (and obsessive research)
              rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
                2,000,000 cryptocurrency gazoolies to the first person who can discover the individual or studio behind all these videos.

Do we need Dan Roth again?
                I believe it is Wayne Joyner. Pay up. 😁
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-10 182357.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	7162

Comment

I can't bring to mind any promotional music videos I like... The really old ones usually have awful lip-synching, and then the corporate design team and fashionistas got involved and they turned into everything about the 1980s I loathe, but with added shoulder-pads and mousse.

Oh, I liked the one the Old Grey Whistle Test put together for Trampled Underfoot in 1975. Just some silent film of slappers doing the Charleston which fitted the rhythm of the song perfectly.

But the professional studio promotional video to sell the song, not a one do I care for.
                  Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                  Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by josuev80 View Post

I believe it is Wayne Joyner. Pay up. 😁
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-10 182357.jpg Views:	3 Size:	158.6 KB ID:	7162
                    Well done!

Now just send me your banking details, PIN # and such forth and the moolah will be in the mail

Now to see who this Joyner fellow is....

Comment

Wayne Joyner.

Ok. I've done my own research on this cat.
                      So far so good, long lank hair and goatee. Tick.
                      Cut his graphics teeth on the weather channel. Tick. Doesn't hail from Iceland as previously thought. But from Atlanta Georgia. Tick. Works for loads of metal/prog bands. Tick. Seems like a nice,humble guy. Tick. As he says, he's just a fan. Tick.

Took on board ideas from Geoff. Tick.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post
                        Is it me, or are all 4 videos essentially the same.....3 of the 4 for sure....same production / style.....Interchangeable

Future memories somewhat different, I like the covers recap, I’m a sucker for that stuff - and it reminds me of the view of my dining room from my spot in the living room πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰.
                        Bring back Ken Horn!

Comment

Pan's People!
                          Better still, Hot Gossip.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Gossip and check out the last sentence, about the spin-off Sponooch.

Comment

Rather controversially, over on Progears.com , Henry has suggested they bring back Ken Horn ( Trevor's TV producer brother) to do these videos. Did he do the FFH one? On the plane?

Seems Ken was co-producer on recent series of Line of Duty. So that is impressive.

Got me thinking. If you had a few million cryptocurrency gazoolies to spare. Who would you employ to direct YES videos?
                            Controversially!!!! How is this not far better? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by bondegezou View Post

Controversially!!!! How is this not far better? :-)

No kaleidoscopic landscapes

I f I had a million cryptocurrency gazoolies. I could employ a renowned epic filmmaker like Peter Jackson but 'pon reflection I would bankroll Jane Campion. Having seen The Power of the Dog and remembering The Piano she would do a great job.

The scene of the piano on the windswept beach with the little girl dancing is only rivaled in cinema by the athletic lads jogging on the windswept beach in Chariots of Fire.

Cue our 5 lads gamely trotting along a windswept Cornish beach with Geoff's Yamaha plonked on the sand.

Comment

Or the filmmaker behind the new Tears for Fears video " Breaking the Man". Its an epic computer animation featuring a common man. In an Escher-like urban world. Black and white. Ends brilliantly in color. Song is great too.

Comment

Working...
                                X