I still haven't listened to THE QUEST or FROM A PAGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Progify View Post
    Don’t put “The post- Anderson years” on it though. Not a good marketing strategy. But the box set proposed above sounds nice!
    Yes In The Presnet

better name?

Yes of the Future?

Yes Future memories

Comment

I suppose it would raise some eyebrows if it came out as 'Post-Anderson Years'. Future Memories or In The Present works pretty good, or maybe title it after a line from a lyric, though not sure which one. I'm sure there are a lot that don't come to mind too quickly.

Comment

What I find interesting is Squire Howe White when they jam tend to write like 2 albums worth of material lol since telephone secrets from xyz sessions dates back to the townhouse sessions I wouldn’t be shocked if Mind drive and Can you imagine do as well

i wish those songs could be released finished with Horn and Downes (or really and singer and keyboardist)

but I have the live from London version of go through this and the version of telephone secrets which mixes the xyz and town house sessions so at least I can pretend those are the finished versions

Comment

My guess is that at minimum a label would want a live disc or two of the current Yes lineup performing the classic hits live or re-recorded in the studio to make a box set along the lines of what is being discussed more commercially viable. It's possible that a hypothetical request like that could be satisfied by simply including an existing live album like Yes 50 Live in the package.

As box sets exceed what I can afford to pay, and because I already own most of what is in virtually every box set released or proposed in some form (I don't buy things twice), my hope, as always, is just that if they make one, they don't put any songs in there that I don't have and want unless they were going to also be released as their own separate album or be purchasable on a track by track basis as downloads (Some longer songs aren't on many services and are instead considered "album only").
          "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

Oh, I forgot on my borrowed c.d., there are two discs. I know I noticed that when I briefly looked at the complete package in the car, after work. But after slipping the first disc into my car stereo, I had forgotten all about disc two.

That just means...." And there's more!"

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker View Post

I did the same with From A Page, making it a lost 2010 album that may have come out then had Oliver Stayed and using only tracks where Oliver appeared:
              I called the alternate version of FAP/FFH 'In The Present'.

side one:
              To The Moment
              Words On A Page
              Don't Take No For An Answer
              Gift Of Love

side two:
              We Can Fly (song, not suite)
              Solitaire
              Hour Of Need (original long version)
              Into The Storm

From A Turn Of A Card didn't feature because it was a solo Oliver track featuring Benoit David for his Ravens & Lullabys album with Gordon Giltrap.

This works as an alternate universe Yes album, and for those who don't like Drama-lineup related stuff, though not sure why you wouldn't...
              To be very picky -- and that's why you all love me, isn't it? -- I think the notion to include "Solitaire" post-dates Oliver's departure.

Comment

Originally posted by downbyariver View Post
                My guess is that at minimum a label would want a live disc or two of the current Yes lineup performing the classic hits live or re-recorded in the studio to make a box set along the lines of what is being discussed more commercially viable. It's possible that a hypothetical request like that could be satisfied by simply including an existing live album like Yes 50 Live in the package.

As box sets exceed what I can afford to pay, and because I already own most of what is in virtually every box set released or proposed in some form (I don't buy things twice), my hope, as always, is just that if they make one, they don't put any songs in there that I don't have and want unless they were going to also be released as their own separate album or be purchasable on a track by track basis as downloads (Some longer songs aren't on many services and are instead considered "album only").
                I think a label would want a box of older stuff that might actually sell through. A box like this they would probably have to put out on their own.
                “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

Originally posted by Frumious B View Post

I think a label would want a box of older stuff that might actually sell through. A box like this they would probably have to put out on their own.
                  They sorta did that with In A Word and that didn’t sell too well.

Comment

Originally posted by bondegezou View Post

To be very picky -- and that's why you all love me, isn't it? -- I think the notion to include "Solitaire" post-dates Oliver's departure.
                    Hmmm, I didn't know that. Maybe in the expanded Yes multiverse, Yes withheld the release of In The Present until Howe recorded Solitaire and got Downes in, then released it even though Downes wasn't on the album. He would be on the followup, Vermillion Sands.

Comment

Well, listened to both again this enjoyable weekend and have come to the conclusion From a Page beats The Quest by a few points, in spite of it only being an EP. The Quest is like a really good soup base with all the right spices balanced for a stock... without the protein and hearty vegetables included. I think H&E even beats it by a thin hair, in spite of its lack of production value. H&E at least has some semblance of a Yes album, where The Quest has only bits and pieces, Some of which I really like. I go with the idea its the album they needed to make at this time, and got it out.. Just cant imagine Steve really thinks this is the one thats gonna knock the socks off of loyal Yes fans. I hate to put it on the bottom of the list, but I cant think of any below it, by small margins, granted.

Some of the songs that I enjoyed, and enjoy, are Future memories, Sister Sleeping Soul, Damaged world, Dare to Know. Fluid, "easy listening" Yes. Well done and fluid pop Yes.
                      Minus the Man, Leave Well alone, The Western Edge arent as fluid, imo, but have great musical moments and a ton of potential, if Yes decides to put some meat in the soup. : )

Comment

Originally posted by bondegezou View Post

True which is why I include Credit Carnival

Comment

I listened to the second disc I had missed. Yes, it has that one about "sister" that Jon shines on, but the true jewel is the other song where Steve sings lead. All I could think was, that Steve is a stud now, taking the lead in vocals.

Comment

Working...
                          X