Q: Do you "MISS" YES live...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q: Do you "MISS" YES live...?

Do you honestly "MISS" (post-COVID) the option of seeing YES in concert? (After we've seen year-to-year annual tours from 1997-2004, and 2008-2019, the fanbase has come to frankly EXPECT a YES tour every single year...)

We have THE QUEST.

I (personally) really enjoy it - it's it's own thing, really. Avoiding comparisons to other YES albums, it's honestly a pleasant listening experience for me.

Are you glad YES finally let the new album out - that we have "something" new to talk and think about, debate and discuss, in the new post-lockdowm world of YES fandom?

I know I've followed the band many years myself, seen many live shows. There were a couple times I skipped YES (w/Peter Frampton, w/Styx) because of "over-saturation" for me where I just didn't miss them yet.

But it's 2022 now - and here we are.

Aside from wanting to hear RELAYER live in it's entirety... My question is, more specifically: After nearly 2 years of COVID lockdowns, and 2.5 years since THE ROYAL AFFAIR TOUR gala ended: Do you miss the experience of seeing YES live??

​​​​​-/AgentA\
    Douglas
    Last edited by agentarmstrong; 01-14-2022, 08:21 AM.

I've not been to a Yes concert since 2014, the 3 Albums Tour. My first was in 1973 on the Tales Tour.
    I think I knew in 2014 that was it for me, so no I'm not missing seeing them live any more, and with Chris no longer being here, that's confirmed for me.
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Absolutely. And many others also.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
        I've not been to a Yes concert since 2014, the 3 Albums Tour. My first was in 1973 on the Tales Tour.
        I think I knew in 2014 that was it for me, so no I'm not missing seeing them live any more, and with Chris no longer being here, that's confirmed for me.
        I skip the Relayer-Tour, the first time I don't go when Yes-(official) is coming. Relayer is my second-favourite Yes-album but I don't wanna have it from this lineup after all those disappointing shows by Yes-official since 2009. It's just not for me. I though still hope for some lineup-change and/or a comeback of YesF.

But to answer the question, yes I miss a - good - Yes live.

Comment

I sincerely hope we get to see them this year. My tickets are ready!!

Comment

I'm not totally missing seeing them live yet but I wouldn't mind seeing them live again sooner or later. I don't miss shelling out 95 buck every time a band I like comes to town. Plus, I had seen them live almost every year for a decade and it would be all kinda samey if they didn't throw in stuff like Gates or Onward to play in between the usual 1971-77 material. That had me coming back, but I could easily skip them too if it's a 'greatest hits' set.

Unlike a lot of people, I don't mind hearing Yes songs from certain lineups played by different lineups than what was on the original. Whether it's good, bad or indifferent, I like to hear the different takes on material people didn't originally play on, just for variation. So Horn singing Gates Of Delirium, Jon Anderson singing Into The Storm, Steve Howe playing a steel guitar solo at the end of Endless Dream, that's all ok with me. I also like to hear newer material live because it's usually the last time to hear it live. There are 5 or 6 albums they never went back to for playing live. So that makes it all more special. Roundabout is a given.

Not missing them totally yet, but wouldn't mind seeing them too.

Comment

I've seen every Geoff Downes tour except one (2018 YES 50).......including 1980 ! I'll be there in 2022 for sure if it happens

Comment

No. Seen them 2.5 times (2 times Yes, one time ABWH). That was enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
                  Ditto. That was my last Yesshow and a fine way to wrap it up. I miss seeing 'Yes' but I feel no loss missing the post 2014 shows. I love Billy, I really do - I just cringe seeing the videos of the new line-up sans Chris (the same cringe I felt seeing the AWR clips). Just doesn't feel right or do it for me. For those who still enjoy I'm happy there is still a Yes going around. And off topic, wow I've no desire to hear TQ live - or this line-up's interpretation of Relayer, I was fortunate to have seen them in both 75 and 76 with the line-up that created it.

Comment

I'm about as over-familiar with the classic songs as anyone can be; at this point I'm only interested in seeing the band if they do play new songs, particularly from The Quest or H&E. Even my favorite, Starship Trooper, is starting to wear thin.

Comment

I will see anyone I like and can reasonably get to with the crappy state of affairs The world is in.

Comment

I probably can't claim to be really missing seeing them at the moment but, at the same time, I'm very much looking forward to Relayer. I'm also hoping for a couple of songs from The Quest for that tour. I think that would be an interesting mixture.

Comment

Having seen Yes concerts since 1974, I always find them to be a reassuring affirmation that we have made it through the years, and are getting together once again to enjoy something we have loved for a long time. They have changed, and we have changed, but it’s still a great feeling, and I miss that.

Comment

I go back to 1994, with about 25 concerts under my belt at this point. 1997-2000 and 2015-2019 were strong periods in my view. Obviously the first was particularly unforgettable. 2008 was good too. I am very excited for the Relayer tour. Hoping for "The Western Edge" and "Dare to Know".

Comment

Been seeing Yes since 1977 - though not every tour - and can't wait to see Relayer played in full. To Be Over is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X