Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oldie on the Goldie
    Superyesfan
    • Apr 2022

Regarding Bruford, I saw an interview with him where he said he was very impressed with Anderson's professionalism in leading the ABWH project. He seemed proud of his role in that as well. Of course that doesn't rule out other motives for being involved with it. I also once read - probably here on Yesfans - that Bruford's problem with Yes in the 70s was what he regarded as a lack of professionalism by Squire (always showing up late etc.), although he gave a different explanation at the time he left Yes. In any case I'm glad Yes got Alan White to replace him, much as I like Bruford's work with Yes and ABWH. White's more powerful drumming style was ultimately better suited to Yes music IMO, and Bruford himself said something to that effect as well. Although in one interview I recall him saying that he had never listened to Tales.

Comment

• PhaseDance
      Existing
      • Nov 2021

I listen to Return Trip exclusively.

Sorry Benoît ...

Comment

• pianozach
        Yes Master
        • Nov 2021

Originally posted by PhaseDance

Sorry Benoît ...
        😆

Comment

• Yorkshire Square
          Bottoms Up!
          • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Kenny

You obviously were not at the Palladium gigs. Rick's sound palette was his best that I've heard in many years.
          Which implies that for many years it was a bag of knackers... 😉

Comment

• yamishogun
            Yes Master
            • Nov 2021

Sorry Benoît ...
            Horn turned the epic "Fly From Here" suite and "Into the Storm" from great songs to good songs. I prefer the great versions.

Comment

• Oldie on the Goldie
              Superyesfan
              • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Yorkshire Square

Indeed. I am a camera.
              Me too!

Comment

• Kenny
                Yuppet
                • Dec 2021

Which implies that for many years it was a bag of knackers... 😉
                No it doesn't. Rick had a full 10 keyboard rig, including two mini-Moogs, which made a huge difference.

If that was yet another pathetic attempt at trolling Rick, you failed miserably again.

Comment

• Frumious B
                  and the Spiders From Mars
                  • Nov 2021

I prefer Return Trip, except Howe probably should have taken “no” for an answer. If you read the recent interview with David it’s largely confirmed that David was heavily coached by Horn and following Horn’s guide vocals for much of the record. So why wouldn’t you want the Director’s Cut with the “original” voice?
                  “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

• Yorkshire Square
                    Bottoms Up!
                    • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Kenny

No it doesn't. Rick had a full 10 keyboard rig, including two mini-Moogs, which made a huge difference.

If that was yet another pathetic attempt at trolling Rick, you failed miserably again.
                    Touchy, much?

Comment

• Yorkshire Square
                      Bottoms Up!
                      • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Frumious B
                      I prefer Return Trip, except Howe probably should have taken “no” for an answer. If you read the recent interview with David it’s largely confirmed that David was heavily coached by Horn and following Horn’s guide vocals for much of the record. So why wouldn’t you want the Director’s Cut with the “original” voice?
                      Because its a pale imitation of the original?

Comment

• Enlighten
                        YesG-It Can Happen
                        • May 2022

Sorry Benoît ...
                        With added Horn of Trevor, yup, me too. Anyone else notice that the Return Trip cover has a beast on the front jacket that has pronounced horns? Feels like Trev and Mr. Dean were having a little fun with that addition.

Comment

• Ash Armstrong
                          Old and grey...
                          • Nov 2021

Trevor Horn was and is the worst thing to have happened to the band.
                          Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                          Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

• Enlighten
                            YesG-It Can Happen
                            • May 2022

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong
                            Trevor Horn was and is the worst thing to have happened to the band.
                            There’s definitely an argument to be made for this view. He really did push for a hit on 90125, they got it, their only number 1 and then they became hit chasers and lost their way musically and creatively. I know a lot of folks disagree with this view but it’s not hard to see that Yes tried to maintain a wink and a nod to their prog past while at the same time trying to catch lightning in a bottle (i.e. scoring another hit) with each successive album following 90125.

Comment

• Frumious B
                              • Nov 2021

Trevor Horn is the only Anderson replacement with a comparable level of talent who can actually stand as a unique and interesting artist in his own right.

Comment

• Frumious B
                                • Nov 2021

Because it’s a pale imitation of the original?
                                Do you mean the “original” as performed live by Yes on the Drama tour and included as bonus tracks on the CD of Adventures In Modern Recording? Those tracks have Horn singing lead.

Last edited by Frumious B; 02-25-2023, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...