Is the Ice Bridge a christmas song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Ice Bridge a christmas song?

with its discussions of Ice and Snow and its comments of a Snow Flower Elder who might or might not be Santa it could work...

Thoughts?

My understanding is that it relates to the migration of various tribespeople between the North American and Asian continents via an 'ice bridge' across what is now the Bering Strait, and which then collapsed, sundering the aforesaid tribespeople, who went on to become ethnically distinct from their forbears.

Possibly there were more than four bears, who knows....?
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by rabin105 View Post
      with its discussions of Ice and Snow and its comments of a Snow Flower Elder who might or might not be Santa it could work...

Thoughts?
      No, it's about the freezer compartment in a twenty year old fridge.

Comment

Jay Schellen should have played more sleighbells.

Comment

No. Just because the lyrics of a song may reference Winter, or even Christmastime, does not make it a Christmas song necessarily.
          Rabin-esque
          my labor of love (and obsessive research)
          rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

I assume this Snowflower Elder fellow is intended to be some kind of shamen. Probably off his tits on magic mushrooms! Bit of a drippy name though....

It's said that Laplanders used to feed fly agaric mushrooms (the red ones with the white spots) to their reindeer, and then drink the reindeer urine. They get the hallucinogenic effect but the reindeer's kidneys would have filtered out the nasty parts, though I'm pretty sure drinking reindeer piss would still be pretty nasty. Anyway, Lapland is a long, long way from the Bering Strait...

So, not a Christmas song.
            Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
            Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

"Jay Schellen should have played more sleighbells"

MORE COWBELL!

Comment

Originally posted by rabin105 View Post

Thoughts?
                Do you think SSotS is a Christmas song because it mentions cold and snow? What about the people in the tropics and Southern Hemisphere that celebrate Christmas when it is hot? I miss the laughing dog emoji from the old site.

Comment

Working...
                X