Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES: 90125 live in it's entirety...?

This is not likely. Given LOL.

But I am just curious... what do other YES fans think the commercial appeal would be for a YES tour in the 2020s, featuring their (best-selling) album 90125 live in it's entirety??

Would "hold-outs" come?
    Would more 80s fans of YES come?
    Would Trevor fans come, knowing it's Steve playing the album?
    Would you go to see a '90125' album series YES show?

- Douglas /AgentA\
    ​​​

If the surviving members who played on the 90125 album did such a tour, I would go and see that. I understand that's not likely. I don't think I would go out of my way to see the current official band perform all of 90125. But I think it would be nice if the official band threw in one song (other than Owner) into a setlist. I think that perhaps It Can Happen is a tune which this band might play well, and that would be a nice add to the setlist for one tour.

Comment

Thanks, but no thanks.

It might have worked with Rabin and Anderson, but it will never fly with Howe and Co. I'm looking forward to Relayer in full next year (please, please, please) but after that I don't need any more full album shows.

Comment

I would probably go, as long as it was local. But I can imagine other songs that I'd rather see played.

Comment

Much more likely to be something one of the tribute bands would do, so most probably confined to North America. It doesn't appeal to me.
          Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
          Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Save it for Arc of Life to do if they ever tour. That would put some extra butts in the seats.

Comment

I can't imagine missing a Yes tour.

But then again, I can't imagine going to see them play 90125...

Comment

I would go see that, even if it was a train wreck. I think it would have some commercial potential, that was a good selling album at the time with a number of radio staples like Owner, Leave It and Changes. But 90125 is a bit line-up specific. But then again, so is Relayer, and they plan to perform that without Moraz. They wouldn't do it in whole now, but I believe certain tracks could be pulled off rather well by the current Yes: It Can Happen and Hearts, and possibly Our Song(90125's 'A Venture') could certainly work live with another line-up. They would have to WANT to do it to make it happen, but they don't.I think a lot of fans would like it.

Comment

Originally posted by RelayerI View Post
                  I can't imagine missing a Yes tour.

But then again, I can't imagine going to see them play 90125...
                  My feeling also.

I’d go. What else better have I to do. 😊. I’d have fun. Sing along. Enjoy the show.

But I would be pining for JA and TR to miraculously walk on. 😆

Well, I have been waiting for JA to walk back on for quite awhile. 😁😁

Comment

I would not want this album to be... treated... by this lineup, worse enough that they will do Relayer no justice next year.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCologne View Post
                      I would not want this album to be... treated... by this lineup, worse enough that they will do Relayer no justice next year.
                      Yeah. I understand that for sure.

But I’m just coming from the standpoint or premise that this lineup is pretty much the band we have, gonna be 10 years now in a few months (RIP Chris 2015 I realize). And I don’t see it changing any time soon. So I’m going glass half full 😊.

Comment

It's gonna be an absolute thing, for sure. Hopefully lots of practice by all concerned. Hope someone reviews the Portugal gig. Still to this day, my favourite YES experience was first watching the Symphonic DVD Gates of Delerium and seeing how it was played.

Apart from actually seeing them Live of course.

Plus I don't see Moraz as some kind of special sauce for that song. It is Steve and his telecaster. Squire and White going hell for leather.
                        Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 12-22-2021, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post

Yeah. I understand that for sure.

But I’m just coming from the standpoint or premise that this lineup is pretty much the band we have, gonna be 10 years now in a few months (RIP Chris 2015 I realize). And I don’t see it changing any time soon. So I’m going glass half full 😊.
                          I agree that it presumably won't change. But even for me there are still about more than 40 years of Yes-greatness, in that sense the glass is even much more than half full

Edit: not to be forgotten - plus two fine years of YesFeaturing
                          Last edited by PeterCologne; 12-22-2021, 06:03 PM.

Comment

That won't happen until Steve retires. He only begrudgingly plays Owner because it was one of their two greatest hits. He just really doesn't like playing any of the YesWest material. Or anything from OYE either.

Comment

Originally posted by agentarmstrong View Post
                              Would "hold-outs" come?
                              Would more 80s fans of YES come?
                              Would Trevor fans come, knowing it's Steve playing the album?
                              Would you go to see a '90125' album series YES show?
                              Maybe? I guess it depends on how they felt about YesO playing the material.
                              See above.
                              Probably not, unless they were okay with that. I mean - the people who are fans of both.
                              Played by YesO? That's a nah from me, dawg.

Promoters would love this idea from either lineup and I wouldn't be surprised if Magid was trying to sell ARW on the idea back in 2016.
                              Rabin-esque
                              my labor of love (and obsessive research)
                              rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X