Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My chat with ChatGPT about Yes

Me:Tell me about the rock band yes

ChatGPT: Yes is a British progressive rock band that was formed in London in 1968. The band is known for its complex musical compositions, intricate instrumental performances, and spiritual lyrics. Over the years, Yes has released many successful albums, including Fragile (1971), Close to the Edge (1972), and 90125 (1983), and they have sold millions of records worldwide. The band's original members included Jon Anderson (vocals), Chris Squire (bass), Peter Banks (guitar), Tony Kaye (keyboards), and Bill Bruford (drums). Since its formation, Yes has undergone many lineup changes, and the current members are Trevor Horn (vocals), Geoff Downes (keyboards), Steve Howe (guitar), Alan White (drums), and Billy Sherwood (bass).

Me: But Alan White is dead

ChatGPT: I'm sorry, but my information is limited to what was available at the time of my training, which ended in 2021. I am not able to access new information or browse the internet, so if there have been any changes or developments since then, I am not aware of them. As a large language model trained by OpenAI, my knowledge is based solely on the text that I have been trained on, and I do not have the ability to access new information or update my knowledge. I apologize if my response is not accurate or up-to-date.

Me: Also Trevor Horn hasn’t been the vocalist since 1980

ChatGPT: Thank you for bringing that to my attention. As I mentioned earlier, my knowledge is limited to the information that was available at the time of my training, and I am not able to access new information or update my knowledge. I apologize if my response was not accurate or up-to-date. Like all large language models, I am a tool that is designed to assist with providing information on a wide range of topics, but I am not perfect and I may not always have the most current or accurate information. My primary purpose is to provide helpful and informative responses to the best of my ability, but I may not always be able to provide the most up-to-date or accurate information.

Me: So who is the group’s vocalist?

ChatGPT: !

An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.

Comment

That’s hilarious that it didn’t know who the vocalist is.

Comment

we dont have to worry about a robot uprising just yet thankfully
        The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
        -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
        -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Originally posted by soundchaser09 View Post
          we dont have to worry about a robot uprising just yet thankfully
          On the contrary! We need to worry about a robot uprising and the robots won't know who Jon Davison is.

Comment

Speaking of robots and Yes vocalists… I seem to recall a robot singing “yes, yes…” and “I am a cam-er-a” on Drama

Comment

You know it's a vocoder, right? 😜
              Rabin-esque
              my labor of love (and obsessive research)
              rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

In its defense, at the time of its programming, the most recent album may have actually been Fly From Here - Return Trip, on which Trevor Horn was inexplicably their lead vocalist again.

Comment

Originally posted by bondegezou View Post

On the contrary! We need to worry about a robot uprising and the robots won't know who Jon Davison is.
                  ChatGPT: The vocalist for Yes in 2022 is Jon Davidson.

Comment

Originally posted by pianozach View Post
                    In its defense, at the time of its programming, the most recent album may have actually been Fly From Here - Return Trip, on which Trevor Horn was inexplicably their lead vocalist again.
                    That's a very good point that I hadn't considered, in my confused bewilderment. That seems entirely plausible. (It was an odd enough occurrence to us, so I can accept that an AI system might not appreciate what was going on!)

Comment

Originally posted by luna65 View Post
                      You know it's a vocoder, right? 😜
                      🤯
                      Yes, actually lol

Comment

It seems like something like ChatGPT could make a useful troll bot on a discussion forum. It could provide slight variations of its message in response to anything related to politics. Like a Russian troll farm disinformation bot or something.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickq View Post

It could provide slight variations of its message in response to anything related to politics. Like a Russian troll farm disinformation bot or something.
                          Sounds like someone we know! Amirite?

He tries. He tries. Everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

Sounds like someone we know! Amirite?

He tries. He tries. Everyday.
                            Make Yes Great Again (MYGA)

Comment

Working...
                            X