Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes - Boston Garden 1974 - 2 CD set

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Yes - Boston Garden 1974 - 2 CD set

    Just bought this , it was released a couple of months ago (I'm not sure if this has been covered in any other thread).

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	294
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	31625


    It's the Relayer Tour from 74 , the whole album plus CTTE, AYAI, Ritual and Roundabout (of course). It's been taken from an FM broadcast.

    It's really good , so I thought I'd share. It's worth buying just for Alan's playing. A good live recording - Pat is a little low in the mix, but the energy and pace is terrific.

    Over the years, I've bought so many 'unofficial' releases, usually poor - but not this. It's a cracker.

    Enjoy !

    #2
    Originally posted by A Venture View Post
    Just bought this , it was released a couple of months ago (I'm not sure if this has been covered in any other thread).

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	294
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	31625


    It's the Relayer Tour from 74 , the whole album plus CTTE, AYAI, Ritual and Roundabout (of course). It's been taken from an FM broadcast.

    It's really good , so I thought I'd share. It's worth buying just for Alan's playing. A good live recording - Pat is a little low in the mix, but the energy and pace is terrific.

    Over the years, I've bought so many 'unofficial' releases, usually poor - but not this. It's a cracker.

    Enjoy !
    It's great. Bought it a couple of months ago. Nice to have it on my shelf with the rest of my Yes CDs, official and unofficial. Downloads are ok for what they are, but I don't have an album until I hold the physical media copy and it has its space on the shelf.
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

      It's great. Bought it a couple of months ago. Nice to have it on my shelf with the rest of my Yes CDs, official and unofficial. Downloads are ok for what they are, but I don't have an album until I hold the physical media copy and it has its space on the shelf.
      Buy a CD burner?

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

        It's great. Bought it a couple of months ago. Nice to have it on my shelf with the rest of my Yes CDs, official and unofficial. Downloads are ok for what they are, but I don't have an album until I hold the physical media copy and it has its space on the shelf.
        It was probably burned from many of the good recordings of this show available online and it's also from an obscure label. Not on Yesworld, so it's doubtful that it's a sanctioned release.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by josuev80 View Post

          It was probably burned from many of the good recordings of this show available online and it's also from an obscure label. Not on Yesworld, so it's doubtful that it's a sanctioned release.
          http://forgotten-yesterdays.com/downloads.asp?qtourid=6
          I'm sure that's the case. Definitely an unofficial release. I've a good number of similar unofficial releases by Zappa and the Dead, with the crucial difference being that there are just as many quality archive live sets of the Grateful Dead and Frank Zappa officially released to balance things out. All we've had from the Yes camp has been Progeny over 7 years ago.
          Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
          Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

          Comment


            #6
            It was the king biscuit show except that broadcast did not include ritual. This was available on Wolfgang’s vault I believe. Great show

            Comment


              #7
              I have it as The Gates of Boston Garden.

              Comment


                #9


                Here are 21 (TWENTY-ONE) different FREE versions of that show. Undoubtedly several of them are better than this one, & criminals do not benefit from your enjoyment of them. Boot sellers are among the lowest scum on the earth.

                Comment


                  #10
                  Originally posted by josuev80 View Post
                  Not on Yesworld, so it's doubtful that it's a sanctioned release.
                  http://forgotten-yesterdays.com/downloads.asp?qtourid=6
                  No, it's a typical "grey market" release, made in the EU, I presume. I'm pretty sure it can be found for free on the Internet, as I did a long time ago. Excellent show recorded during one of the band's best tours. "Gates" is simply terrific. I much prefer that performance to the one found on "Yesshows".

                  Comment


                    #11
                    Originally posted by michelforest View Post

                    No, it's a typical "grey market" release, made in the EU, I presume. I'm pretty sure it can be found for free on the Internet, as I did a long time ago. Excellent show recorded during one of the band's best tours. "Gates" is simply terrific. I much prefer that performance to the one found on "Yesshows".
                    Yep, many versions of this gig available on forgotten yesterdays. Of course, it’s nice to have a pressed version of a classic, and this is probably the best bang for your buck in 2022 if you want a physical copy.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X