Prog poll 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prog poll 2022

Prog magazines' Readers' Poll for 2022 is now open at https://www.loudersound.com/news/vot...ders-poll-2022 , if you have any Yes-related or non-Yes-related votes to make.

Wow, times must *really* be tough if you have to *email* in your votes, like an animal… That’s taking 80s retro one step too far!

I don’t think I’ve actually progged out that much this year, 2022 being the year of Beatles/Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift deep dives here at HQ. So my band/album/vocalist of the year would probably all go to Marillion — I don’t love all of AHBID, but it’s a strong enough late-career entry to warrant some respect. Reissue of the year, Moving Pictures, although it’s Signals I’m really looking forward to. Live album would be Fish’s The Last Straw/Retirement Fund Album. Those are all pretty boring choices, I know…

Some other heavy rotations in 2022:

Visit, a late year discovery, who have an album dedicated to the songs of Thomas Pynchon;
    Metric’s Formentera (King Crimson conneKction unKcnown);
    Trail of Dead’s Bleed Here Now.

Comment

Originally posted by Homemade Parachute View Post
      I don’t think I’ve actually progged out that much this year, 2022 being the year of Beatles/Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift deep dives here at HQ.
      I am very much enjoying Midnights. I voted for Brad Mehldau's Jacob's Ladder as best album.

Comment

Originally posted by bondegezou View Post

I am very much enjoying Midnights. I voted for Brad Mehldau's Jacob's Ladder as best album.
        I saw Mehldau & Co. years ago at the Vancouver Jazz Fest. It was so hot that year they were giving out free water, and no one ever gives out free water at these things. Larry Grenadier, the bass player, had to keep wiping the stand up down with a towel, everyone just dripping sweat everywhere. Everyone really should have taken fashion cues from Mark Knopfler that year, boy…

Comment

I will likely email about Arc of life

I am shocked yes isn’t releasing a live album from the UK tour for Christmas to be honest

and I still can’t find them on nugs (I want my live versions of the quest songs )

Comment

Marillion and Porcupine Tree would be my only votes. I don’t think I’ve bought any other prog records this year.
            “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...
            X