Vangelis on a YES album (or song)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vangelis on a YES album (or song)

Is there a YES album that might have been interesting if the keyboardist was Vangelis? Or perhaps it could be part of an album or just an individual song.

There is of course his appearance on Keys to Ascension as a composer. An unwilling composer at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Insidious Grip View Post
      There is of course his appearance on Keys to Ascension as a composer. An unwilling composer at that.
      And he's got a piece on ABWH.

Comment

Vangelis - though I can't see him rockin' the hammond like other Yes 'boarders, I can hear him on more ethereal stuff like Awaken, Soon etc.

Some have rumored that Vangelis appears on Olias Of Sunhillow (he doesn't) because of the synth sounds are kind of in his style. And some have considered Olias (like Fish Out Of Water) to be close to an unofficial or lost Yes album. In some ways Olias would be your Yes album with Vangelis.

Comment

If Vangelis was in YES for one studio album I would vote for Tales from Topographic Oceans.

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker View Post
          Vangelis - though I can't see him rockin' the hammond like other Yes 'boarders, I can hear him on more ethereal stuff like Awaken, Soon etc.
          For individual songs I was thinking Awaken, though I really like Rick Wakeman on the piece.

Come to think of it, I would be intrigued with him on the entire Gates of Delirium. Not everything he does is ethereal. Listen to Heavan and Hell.
          Last edited by Bill M; 11-04-2022, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
            If Vangelis was in YES for one studio album I would vote for Tales from Topographic Oceans.

For individual songs I was thinking Awaken, though I really like Rick Wakeman on the piece.

Come to think of it, I would be intrigued with him on the entire Gates of Delirium. Not everything he does is ethereal. Listen to Heavan and Hell.
            Well, this is true. I forgot about Aphrodites Child and early jams like 'The Dragon' where he's rocking a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker View Post

Some have rumored that Vangelis appears on Olias Of Sunhillow (he doesn't) because of the synth sounds are kind of in his style. And some have considered Olias (like Fish Out Of Water) to be close to an unofficial or lost Yes album. In some ways Olias would be your Yes album with Vangelis.
              So your suggestion is a non-Yes album that Vangelis doesn't play on? 😉

Comment

Aside from co-composer credit for Children of Light on K2A2,I think that the second closest we come to Yes + Vangelis is the last track on ABWH, Let's Pretend, where he also gets co-composer credit.

Whilst perusing the album I also note that Geoff Downes gets a co-composer credit on the Long Lost Brother of Mine section of Brother of Mine
                Last edited by pianozach; 11-11-2022, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Tales or Relayer. I'm actually not that familiar with the music of Vangelis. I have one album that was a soundtrack and I know his stuff with Jon and the main theme from Chariots and that's about it.

Comment

The only album where I imagine him comfortable and an interesting contributor would be TALES

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp On Attack View Post
                      The only album where I imagine him comfortable and an interesting contributor would be TALES
                      TALES and MAGNIFICATION

Comment

Working...
                      X