This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Displays Sign Discouraging Fans From Making Noise at Concerts

This was apparently displayed beforehand at one or more Yes concerts on the current tour.

Thoughts?

* Disclaimer: I didn't take the photo. Its just been floating around the Internet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	khpiykrvogw91.jpg
Views:	838
Size:	357.5 KB
ID:	29916
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

On the face of it. Not very Rock'n'Roll.

Heavy handed . Like Uk Govt sayin'to its citizens. Don't be too gay in Qatar for the world cup.

I'm honestly surprised. Is Steve just too tired of lookin' daggers at certain people?

Remember pampered rockstars. Most of your audience are workin' people, out to blow off some steam after the weekly treadmill.

JFC.

or in other words make the music so exceptional and transfixin'that the audience are gob-smacked.

Comment

Only in America...
      Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
      Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

I don't find it all that odd.

Rockers have requested people to refrain from smoking pot, or even just smoking.

Comment

a bit silly really. The band needs as much positive sentiments from the crowd as possible!
          The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
          -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
          -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Originally posted by pianozach View Post
            I don't find it all that odd.

Rockers have requested people to refrain from smoking pot, or even just smoking.
            It is probably illegal to smoke anything in most of the venues Yes performs at. Making (boorish) noise with one’s mouth is not.

Comment

Which I am fine with tired of hearing people scream for Jon anderson

Comment

With an ever dwindling audience, yikes. Sometimes it’s time to call it a day. I’ve been watching some really sad videos of these guys on this current tour. Steve’s earned the right to tour as long as he’s capable but it really is hard to see what’s happened to this band.

Comment

Originally posted by soundchaser09 View Post
                  a bit silly really. The band needs as much positive sentiments from the crowd as possible!
                  But not while they are actually playing. Back in the day when they used to play LOUD, it didn't matter so much. Go nuts at the end of a song for sure, but not during. I find so many audience recordings from North America over the years generally a hard listen because of all the whistling, whooping and yelling out by audience members. They're not the Osmonds....
                  Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                  Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
                    On the face of it. Not very Rock'n'Roll.

Heavy handed . Like Uk Govt sayin'to its citizens. Don't be too gay in Qatar for the world cup.

I'm honestly surprised. Is Steve just too tired of lookin' daggers at certain people?

Remember pampered rockstars. Most of your audience are workin' people, out to blow off some steam after the weekly treadmill.

JFC.

or in other words make the music so exceptional and transfixin'that the audience are gob-smacked.
                    The sign is less likely for the benefit of audience members than for Howe trying to fend of his nineteenth nervous breakdown on stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

But not while they are actually playing. Back in the day when they used to play LOUD, it didn't matter so much. Go nuts at the end of a song for sure, but not during. I find so many audience recordings from North America over the years generally a hard listen because of all the whistling, whooping and yelling out by audience members. They're not the Osmonds....
                      I was thinking that you don't see this sort of "whistling, whooping and yelling out by audience members" at Classical Music concerts. Imagine some cellist playing a tender passage and a crowd of dunderheads in the third row are whistling and shouting. Or setting off firecrackers.

Comment

I don't pay to watch Steve kick people in the head.

Comment

Howe was cranky and irritable when he was 25. Now in his 70's it is only multiplied by 20. You will hear a person here or there saying what a great show it was but in the world of propaganda where our President says gas was $5 per gallon when he took office when it was $2.39 everything is spun and full of propaganda

The fact is this is a horrible band charging unreal prices for a tribute high school quality oldies show. But you will always have some who will pay $45 for a Domino's quality pizza

Comment

Originally posted by alex peters View Post
                            Howe was cranky and irritable when he was 25. Now in his 70's it is only multiplied by 20. You will hear a person here or there saying what a great show it was but in the world of propaganda where our President says gas was $5 per gallon when he took office when it was $2.39 everything is spun and full of propaganda

The fact is this is a horrible band charging unreal prices for a tribute high school quality oldies show. But you will always have some who will pay $45 for a Domino's quality pizza
                            Leave it to YOU to randomly drag national politics into the discussion.

Comment

I love YES. Looking forward to my show.

Saw Michael Schenker a couple nights ago, and that guy was on fire. Pretty much bulldozed through a full set, crammed with songs, and not one mistake. Even used his pinky on a couple songs so he could insert even more notes and chords in a couple of the new/newer songs.

He's most likely #1, again for me, but I am excited to see and hear what Steve, and the rest of " the boys" do. YES has never had to be perfect for me. They are just too different, and have been too different to be just a regular band, with regular songs.

I once thew someone over a railing, onto a couple of tables who wasn't only fucking up my experience, but about ten others at a subtle, Paul Dianno show. Try not to mess up the experience for others. Sometimes it take a friendly reminder, and sometimes it takes knocking some tall fuck's camera out of his outstretched arms after the reminder that others are trying to enjoy the show, and to buy a dvd if all you came to do was record the entire show.

But there always has to be one for almost every show. A lot depends on the location, and how much alcohol was consumed. Why go wasted to a show?

I saw the aftermath of Steve tossing out a guy and his son from the M&G, after the guy ran up to be first in line. Steve gave him a couple personal requests, then warnings , and there he still was, holding up an ipad to record the entire show. Hilarious! What was the guy expecting? "Thank you for coming" .?
                              Last edited by luvyesmusic; 10-28-2022, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X