Ranking the Yes Nano-Epics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranking the Yes Nano-Epics

Here it is, the exhaustive ranked list of Yes studio cuts < 1 minute, putting the decision in concision:
    1. Evensong
    2. Five Per Cent for Nothing
    Honourable mentions, as non-album outtakes:
    1. Days (Demo)
    2. Veyvey, Part Two
    This ranking is not open to debate.

Last Train

Choo choo choo 🤣

Comment

My favorite undeveloped blip is Montreux's Theme. I like that better than half of GFTO. Could have gone somewhere epic. I do detect some Moraz in the DNA rather than Wakeman.

Comment

5% OR nothing.

I'd like to believe there is a lost 20 minute version somewhere.
        Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
        My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

I believe there may be, but it was probably performed by King Crimson.

Comment

Montreux's Theme was probably recorded soon after they completed Relayer. However, there's no keyboards on it so it's hard to say if it has Patrick's DNA in it but since it was probably from that time period I would probably have to agree. Plus Steve's guitar and Alan's drums sort of sound like they way they did on GoD.

Comment

I love Montreux Theme. It does sound like it has some keyboards on it though in one short spot, but real low in the mix, like they mixed them out to hide it or something. Moraz or Wakeman? Not sure, does sound like a keyboard Moraz used but can't be certain. Montreux theme sounds like it could have been an idea for something larger or a section of another epic or longer track.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker View Post
                I believe there may be, but it was probably performed by King Crimson.
                I expect there's a YouTube assemblage of Krim improvs from the Great Deceiver boxset, as there are with Grateful Dead jams (lots of them!). If there isn't there should be! Maybe I'll put one together myself...
                Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

I expect there's a YouTube assemblage of Krim improvs from the Great Deceiver boxset, as there are with Grateful Dead jams (lots of them!). If there isn't there should be! Maybe I'll put one together myself...
                  I actually did do that and made a double CD-r disc of improv stuff from the Great Deceiver box set a number of years back. Not sure where I put it though, I'll probably have to reburn it.

I used to belong to that King Crimson Collector Club where they released these internet-only live archive releases from throughout their career of varying sound quality, and there were loads of improvs - some really tasty stuff from the Larks/Starless period. 'Rich Tapestry Of Life' with Jamie Muir is one such gem. And forget Earthbound, there's some cool stuff from the Islands lineup that should have been released instead. Mel Collins is a monster on sax. That was an undervalued version of Krim.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker View Post

I actually did do that and made a double CD-r disc of improv stuff from the Great Deceiver box set a number of years back. Not sure where I put it though, I'll probably have to reburn it.

I used to belong to that King Crimson Collector Club where they released these internet-only live archive releases from throughout their career of varying sound quality, and there were loads of improvs - some really tasty stuff from the Larks/Starless period. 'Rich Tapestry Of Life' with Jamie Muir is one such gem. And forget Earthbound, there's some cool stuff from the Islands lineup that should have been released instead. Mel Collins is a monster on sax. That was an undervalued version of Krim.
                    Zoom (22:00) and Zoom Zoom (44:48) are basically Five Per Cent for Something and Five Per Cent for Everything, I guess…

Comment

Working...
                    X