Recently surfaced Drama tour recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently surfaced Drama tour recording

This is an audience tape, but it sounds really good.
    “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Thank you

Comment

They did a doc on "Mike the Mic" prior to most of his collection being found in his moms house. Yes is not mentioned but very interesting on his life and passion for taping live music and how he went about it in early 70's.

Juicy Sonic Magic: The Mike Millard Method, a 10-minute mini-documentary directed by David DuBois.The film tells the story of late, great concert taper Mike ...

Comment

Well now my life is complete. An uncirculated Millard tape from the drama tour? Holy cow...

Comment

Just doing the math. Cant believe how long ago this was. Saw this tour in one of the 3 MSG shows in NYC. Can't remember which one. I was 15 and loved it. Was into Yes at that point to care enough that Jon Anderson was substituted, but not disappointed with Chris, Steve and Alan. I was blown away, even though the older fans I went with were complaining. Like me many saw the show before they got the album. When they circled back to NY, Long Island to the Nassau Coliseum, a few towns away from me, I went with my brother and friends and made some new Yes fans. Seeing the setlist from the tour and seeing that AYAI was played, jogged my memory, and made me remember being impressed with Trevor's performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Frumious B View Post
            http://forgotten-yesterdays.com/down...ownloadid=2547

This is an audience tape, but it sounds really good.
            Thanks for the info. Listening to it right now. Poor Trevor Horn is struggling on vocals, not his fault, most of the music was simply in the wrong key for his voice.

Sounds excellent, like all of Mike Millard's tapes. His recording of the 1975 Long Beach show is the best audience tape I've ever heard, so good I thought it was a soundboard.

Comment

Sweet !

Comment

Working...
              X