Progeny on vinyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progeny on vinyl

21 slabs of multi-coloured plastic, baby, all for just 474 dollars and 98 cents: https://store.rhino.com/en/rhino-sto...227883409.html

Man, I do wish I could just order the book, though: daddy needs the kids to grow up and move away before he has room for anything like this!

That would be a serious conversation piece for fans talking about Yes all night. Play and display. I got the cd version and the highlights version, which I gave to someone. Gotta get another one. That would be coo on vinyl.

Comment

Gosh, that’s a lot of money but all those colors look so nice. Why did I have to start a vinyl collection during the pandemic? It’s going to bankrupt me!

Comment

This article is my favourite review of Progeny at the time was this one because it neatly sums up why no-one in their right mind would buy such a repetitive CD set , and yet why it makes perfect sense. It is just fun to read.

£500 is just too much ; perhaps i will play my 3Lp set of the highlights, seven times and pretend I have just bought the new vinyl set ……..

Comment

Originally posted by highfell View Post
          This article is my favourite review of Progeny at the time was this one because it neatly sums up why no-one in their right mind would buy such a repetitive CD set , and yet why it makes perfect sense. It is just fun to read.

£500 is just too much ; perhaps i will play my 3Lp set of the highlights, seven times and pretend I have just bought the new vinyl set ……..
          Wow, what a great article! I liked that he also talked to Alan and Chris at the end. Thanks!

Comment

What's that box going to weigh? Anyone buying it will need to reinforce their floors!
            I pity the poor postman...
            Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
            Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-a-single-day/
              In high school, I spent more time drawing Dean’s iconic Yes logo in notebooks than I did working on the Pythagorean theorem.​
              A-and let's just be honest for a second about which one is the more useful throughout life…

Comment

The point isn’t to listen to every concert in a marathon session. Buying the box gets you the whole archive and you play a particular show as the mood strikes you.
                “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

I'll wait for the price to drop since it probably will. Not even everyone on this site will buy it.... You can get that Union vinyl set for like 80 bucks now. I thought I got a deal at $110.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisklenox View Post
                    I'll wait for the price to drop since it probably will. Not even everyone on this site will buy it.... You can get that Union vinyl set for like 80 bucks now. I thought I got a deal at $110.
                    I read that only 1.952 copies will be made. So it's truly going to be a collectors item.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

I read that only 1.952 copies will be made. So it's truly going to be a collectors item.
                      1,972 copies.

It was only 50 years ago, not 70...!

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

1,972 copies.

It was only 50 years ago, not 70...!
                        Give or take 20....😁

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

Give or take 20....😁
                          I know I'm old, but I'm not mummified yet...

Comment

I didn't even buy the CD set, although I did get the download of Highlights.

Comment

I bought both the CD box and Highlights.
                              “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...
                              X