New Fernando Perdomo soundtrack with Wakeman + Downes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Fernando Perdomo soundtrack with Wakeman + Downes

The first single, "The Crash", can be heard now and is rather nice. The full soundtrack is released later this month. More details at http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wnyesm.htm#perdomo

Thank you, Henry. Sounds very good so far.

Fernando should be a household name. He's that good and entertaining. Acts a bit crazy on stage at times which certainly doesn't diminish his fine playing and composition skills. I believe he produces as well. He shouldn't have been a bit dismissive when I told him years back he was a phenomenal guitarist when he was at a festival of other very good guitarists. Wish he can get to the point where he loses his signature hat while performing.

Last caught him on a very good documentary on musicians and music in the sixties and early seventies in a canyon in California, hosted by Jakob Dylan, where he performs with Dylan and band, called Echo in the Canyon. Well worth watching even if it's Bob Dylan's son.

Comment

Cool track. Atmospheric. Sinister synthesizers!!!! 😍

Comment

Wakeman is now regularly on more albums with Geoff Downes than he is with Jon Anderson or Trevor Rabin...

Comment

Originally posted by bondegezou View Post
          Wakeman is now regularly on more albums with Geoff Downes than he is with Jon Anderson or Trevor Rabin...
          Are you suggestin' a new bromance? 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

Are you suggestin' a new bromance? 😉
            Definitely not. AFAIK they don't play together on any tracks.

Their parts are probably recorded in their own studios and then emailed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post

Definitely not. AFAIK they don't play together on any tracks.

Their parts are probably recorded in their own studios and then emailed in.
              Gilly used a big, obvious wink there.

Comment

Originally posted by luvyesmusic View Post

I did. I really am a silly sausage!
                Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 09-15-2022, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I dunno, maybe a Wakeman/Downes album would be awesome.
                  Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                  My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

Originally posted by luvyesmusic View Post

Not obvious to me as the new small emojis are not very clear on my MacBook. The old ones were bigger, clearer and therefore better.

Geoff has said in interviews that he was a fan of Rick's. Then he replaced Oliver after Horn forced him out.

Oliver's unmerited sacking, along with Yes's treatment of Anderson, really upset Rick.

So we got ARW which was much better IMHO than Howe and Downes' tribute band (to use Rick's description).

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                      So we got ARW which was much better IMHO than Howe and Downes' tribute band (to use Rick's description).
                      But ARW ended 3 years ago and none of the three have continued working with another of the three (that we know of). Yet we have multiple albums featuring both Wakeman and Downes (albeit on separate tracks)!

Comment

But ARW ended 3 years ago and none of the three have continued working with another of the three (that we know of). Yet we have multiple albums featuring both Wakeman and Downes (albeit on separate tracks)!
                        I kind of want a Downes Wakeman album

I also want a Rabin Howe album but that will never happen either

Comment

And now Rabin's going to be playing with Davison and Sherwood?

Comment

cool stuff.

Comment

And now Rabin's going to be playing with Davison and Sherwood?
                              Fernando Perdomo will be there too.

Comment

Working...
                              X