X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bondegezou
    Panther
    • Nov 2021

New guest appearances by Wakeman, Moraz, Downes, Sherwood and Davison

There's been a bunch of new Yesman guest appearances announced recently. dbar has already mentioned Glass Hammer's At the Gate, due October, with Jon Davison guesting. Davison and Billy Sherwood both appear on Dave Kerzner's new solo album The Traveler: Billy on bass on 3 tracks plus Jon singing on another track. The album is available now digitally, and ships physical copies next month. More at http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wnyesm.htm#aspb

Finally, we have yet another covers project from Cleopatra Records. Synthesizer Classics features famous keyboardists (well, mostly famour + one unknown) covering classic synth tracks. This includes 3 Yes keys players: Rick Wakeman doing Space's "Magic Fly", Patrick Moraz doing Jean-Michel Jarre's "Oxygene (Pt 4)" and Geoff Downes doing Vangelis's "Pulstar". More at http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wnyesm.htm#synthc
  • Mr. Holland
    Yes Master
    • Nov 2021

Thanks for the updates Henry!

Comment

• pianozach
      Yes Master
      • Nov 2021

Cool.

Comment

• Soundwaveseeker
        Yes Master
        • Nov 2021

Ooh, Synthesizer Classics sounds like something cool to add to the collection. Synth prog, synth pop, electronic music, Kosmische musik, all cool. You can't go wrong with synth. Vangelis Pulstar by Geoff Downes? Wow, he was the right guy to do that one. Ironic because Pulstar = Francis Monkman = The Ice Bridge. That was a deliberate selection, I'm sure. Didn't know about this album and don't recall any announcement about it - bang, it's there. A surprise release.

Comment

• Davy
          I like cookies.
          • Nov 2021

No doubt I'm missing some good music, but I'm just not interested in following these guys outside of Yes anymore, except maybe Trevor's new album and DBA. Kudos to you guys though that enjoy it!

Comment

• Gilly Goodness
            Absolute Beginner
            • Nov 2021

DBA. September can't come soon enough 🧡

Comment

• rabin105
              Yes Master
              • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker
              Ooh, Synthesizer Classics sounds like something cool to add to the collection. Synth prog, synth pop, electronic music, Kosmische musik, all cool. You can't go wrong with synth. Vangelis Pulstar by Geoff Downes? Wow, he was the right guy to do that one. Ironic because Pulstar = Francis Monkman = The Ice Bridge. That was a deliberate selection, I'm sure. Didn't know about this album and don't recall any announcement about it - bang, it's there. A surprise release.

perhaps yes can rework pulstar for the next album

Comment

• bondegezou
                Panther
                • Nov 2021

"Pulstar" is a tune by Vangelis, but Monkman did a piece that was very heavily influenced by "Pulstar" on the album that had his original of "The Ice Bridge". Here it is:

Compare with:

Comment

Working...