Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q: Steve Howe has no "guitar heir"...Is Yes "done" after Steve's done?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
    Joe Biden's campaign slogan

Click image for larger version Name:	joe-biden-0110221.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.0 KB ID:	29274
    Boris Johnson at the Conservative Party conference

Click image for larger version Name:	Boris.jpeg?format=2500w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.5 KB ID:	29276

Britain's Liberal Democrats launch policy document

Click image for larger version Name:	EbDAZezX0AAh-X8.jpg:large.jpg Views:	0 Size:	560.9 KB ID:	29277

Great title for the next Yes album! 😂
    That lots of parties are insufficiently imaginative to come up with a better slogan is not proof of a global conspiracy, Kenny.

A hundred years ago, there was a hot conspiracy theory about shadowy global financiers and their puppet politicians. We know what happened next.

Comment

Originally posted by bondegezou View Post

That lots of parties are insufficiently imaginative to come up with a better slogan is not proof of a global conspiracy, Kenny.

A hundred years ago, there was a hot conspiracy theory about shadowy global financiers and their puppet politicians. We know what happened next.
      Biden plagiarized a whole campaign speech from Neil Kinnock back in the 80s. So it’s not like he’s above borrowing stuff.
      “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post

It is a great error to say that America (or Britain )have free market capitalist economies. We have a form of authoritarian corporatism where the big companies dominate because small businesses can compete due to excessive regulation.

It's not just Russian oligarchs who are the tyrants. We do have our own - notably Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, George Soros and their corporate cronies in the World Economic Forum. They, through their political puppets like Biden, want to control our lives by taking away our freedoms. They call it The Great Reset, I call it fascism.
        What the deuce has Warren Buffet ever done that is so awful? The dude is brilliant. I’m a fan. Given that I had an Apple IIe at age 12, an iPhone 13 in my pocket and an iPad Air in my hand I’m probably more of a Steve Jobs guy, but Bill Gates is alright by me too.

“Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

Originally posted by Frumious B View Post

What the deuce has Warren Buffet ever done that is so awful? The dude is brilliant. I’m a fan. Given that I had an Apple IIe at age 12, an iPhone 13 in my pocket and an iPad Air in my hand I’m probably more of a Steve Jobs guy, but Bill Gates is alright by me too.
          In my book excessive wealth is a bad thing, no matter how you turn it, no matter who has it, no matter how they got it. Buffet, Gates are part of that 1% that owe 50% of the world's wealth. It's completely crazy. Since the cosmos is always in balance, it means there are always other people paying the price for that excessive wealth, no matter how good, honest and whatever some of these billionaires might be (which is also an illusion, because nine out of ten times one of their companies somewhere is wringing out its employees).

I also don't believe in the "they worked so hard, they are such exceptional people/talents, they are such self made men". You know what research show is the greatest contributing factor to whether you end up "successful" in life? Your zipcode. Yes, where you were born, the country, the city, the neighbourhood, the street, the house and the opportunities or none opportunities that arise from that. "You're own doing" is pretty low on that list.

Wealth should be distributed much more evenly, preferably by taxes. That top 1% should pay the top percentage in taxes.

Comment

Working...
          X