Opening song CTTE 50 Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening song CTTE 50 Tour

What will be the opening number on this tour ?

my prediction is Going for the one

Originally posted by Barra1 View Post
    What will be the opening number on this tour ?

my prediction is Going for the one
    I think that's a good call.
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip itโ€™s been.

Comment

I'll say Parallels
      The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
      -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
      -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

The Ice Bridge.

Comment

Siberia Khatru is my guess. I have seen Jon with the Kids twice. Enjoyed both shows.

I hope it is not GFTO. It is one of my least favorite songs on a great album. I always fast forward the 35th DVD show.

It is painful to watch them all come out to begin the show . No one has a smile on their face. It is we cannot wait to finish the tour.

This was the end of the classic 5. The 35th almost did not happen due to various players at each other's throats

Jon said enough at the end of the 35th and sold his interest in the Yes name.

It is a shame these 5 could not put their differences aside. Who knows how many more classics they could have produced

Comment

Originally posted by alex peters View Post
            Siberia Khatru is my guess. I have seen Jon with the Kids twice. Enjoyed both shows.

I hope it is not GFTO. It is one of my least favorite songs on a great album. I always fast forward the 35th DVD show.

It is painful to watch them all come out to begin the show . No one has a smile on their face. It is we cannot wait to finish the tour.

This was the end of the classic 5. The 35th almost did not happen due to various players at each other's throats

It is a shame these 5 could not put their differences aside. Who knows how many more classics they could have produced
            honestly that particular 5 man line-up made only one album that is a true masterpiece through and through and that is Going for the One.

Tales is a unique masterpiece for sure but flawed at times with some filler, Tormato has moments of strength but is marred by some poor sound choices and melodies battling with each other. The Keys albums were largely sub-par for Yes standards.

Strange to think the classic lineup did not make more material of significant and untarnished quality. I think it just shows that Yes is greater than the individuals that make it up; the greatest albums come from all sorts of differing lineups.
            The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
            -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
            -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Originally posted by alex peters View Post

It's not going to be Siberian Kathru. Howe has said they will play the CTTE album in the second half and in order.

Comment

Originally posted by Davy View Post
                The Ice Bridge.
                Yeah, either that one or Yours is No Disgrace.

Comment

Teakbois!
                  Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                  My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Wolf View Post
                    Teakbois!
                    You're right. Tis Tuesday already down here. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Comment

Originally posted by soundchaser09 View Post

honestly that particular 5 man line-up made only one album that is a true masterpiece through and through and that is Going for the One.

Tales is a unique masterpiece for sure but flawed at times with some filler, Tormato has moments of strength but is marred by some poor sound choices and melodies battling with each other. The Keys albums were largely sub-par for Yes standards.

Strange to think the classic lineup did not make more material of significant and untarnished quality. I think it just shows that Yes is greater than the individuals that make it up; the greatest albums come from all sorts of differing lineups.
                      Yes. How true when you think about it

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

It's not going to be Siberian Kathru. Howe has said they will play the CTTE album in the second half and in order.
                        Yes. You are right right.

Comment

I know what they've opened with at Tavistock. None of you are remotely close...
                          Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                          Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip itโ€™s been.

Comment

I'll start a separate Tavistock thread with spoilers. --Mike

Comment

Give us a hint ๐Ÿค‘

Comment

Working...
                              X