New interview with Geoff and Steve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondegezou View Post

Ian Anderson did a tour playing Thick as a Brick and then his new album Thick as a Brick 2. So, that's 50% of the set on new material, way more than most old acts do, but it's all tied in to nostalgia marketing, which we know is the most successful marketing. So, perhaps Yes need to do More Tales from Topographic Oceans or Re-Relayer...
    Going For Another One...
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Closer to the Edge
      Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
      My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

I know there's a certain faction of YES fans that will always yearn for the "Howe / Wakeman" fulcrum of musicianship... but for ME, I love the "Howe / Downes'" partnership - they have a tremendous track record in TWO bands between both YES and with /ASIA\ (and GTR as a 3rd band, w/Geoff producing).

In "the working YES", we've seen Geoff Downes onstage with Steve Howe for 11 years consecutively (and shoot, if you add the /ASIA\ XXV reunion years, Steve & Geoff have toured and recorded together now from 2006-2022.

I'm a huge fan of Drama era and the recent Howe/Downes 11 year run is quite an accomplishment Yes years. But for me, throughout that time there has been very little that has been truly memorable other than Fly From Here. H&E and the Quest are very "meh: at best as is most of the reunion era Asia output with the exception of 'Face on the Bridge" which is a tremendous song.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

Going For Another One...
          Torma-two.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

Torma-two.
            Mellow Drama
            Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
            Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Bigger Generator

Comment

More Fragile Two: Electric Boogaloo
                Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

Time And Another Word
                  Still Talkin'
                  The Ladder 2: Additional Steps

but more likely: Re-Union

Comment

Two Close To The Edge

Comment

Originally posted by Old Frothingslosh View Post

I know there's a certain faction of YES fans that will always yearn for the "Howe / Wakeman" fulcrum of musicianship... but for ME, I love the "Howe / Downes'" partnership - they have a tremendous track record in TWO bands between both YES and with /ASIA\ (and GTR as a 3rd band, w/Geoff producing).

In "the working YES", we've seen Geoff Downes onstage with Steve Howe for 11 years consecutively (and shoot, if you add the /ASIA\ XXV reunion years, Steve & Geoff have toured and recorded together now from 2006-2022.

I'm a huge fan of Drama era and the recent Howe/Downes 11 year run is quite an accomplishment Yes years. But for me, throughout that time there has been very little that has been truly memorable other than Fly From Here. H&E and the Quest are very "meh: at best as is most of the reunion era Asia output with the exception of 'Face on the Bridge" which is a tremendous song.
                      I agree. I absolutely LOVE Drama and the way Geoff and Steve played together. Much more balanced than Tormato, even though there is some great playing, albeit a contest of who can play more notes and the loudest lol.. And FFH is a great album as well. Great to see the 2 so happy and hoping for a good new album. I was going to go for sure to see Relayer, but now with seeing the songs from CTTE for the 10th time, and songs from The Quest, I'm going to pass...

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker View Post

Yeah, promote the new album! Enough 50th Anniversary of this and Anniversary Tour that, this should be The Quest Tour 2022/23. Make people care by pushing your new album! If they don't believe in their new work, nobody else will. But I get the vibe they do believe in The Quest. They just need to play a bit of it live to give it some love. Bill it as Quest Tour Featuring CTTE (or eventually Relayer) in its Entirety + More.
                        I'm with you, would much rather hear newer material than anything from TYA to CTTE at this point. Here's hoping, despite Alan's death, they're able to have some fun on this tour. Can't wait to see the setlist.

Comment

Tales from Topographic Rising Oceans — Timely!
                          Twonion
                          Keys2Ascension3
                          Clean Out Your Ears
                          The Escalator
                          Heaven & Earth & Taxes
                          Yessongss
                          Speak Up!
                          Fragile Dysfunction Syndrome

Comment

Originally posted by Homemade Parachute View Post
                            Tales from Topographic Rising Oceans — Timely!
                            Twonion
                            Keys2Ascension3
                            Clean Out Your Ears
                            The Escalator
                            Heaven & Earth & Taxes
                            Yessongss
                            Speak Up!
                            Fragile Dysfunction Syndrome
                            90126 was the catalogue number of the ABWH album. Are they going to do that on this tour? If so I'll go just to hear TEAKBOIS live!

Comment

90124 was the Rabin demo album 'fore 90125. Too clever by half. In that spirit, should TQ be 90138? 🤑

Comment

Originally posted by GeofMcM View Post
                                Two Close To The Edge
                                Surely Close 2 the Edge?

Comment

Working...
                                X