Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote for Roundabout!!

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/vot...rt-of-all-time

Roundabout/Chris is up for greatest bass part of all time....

Done.

Comment

There's a great many there I've never heard of, and quite a few of those I do know that I can't recall the bass-playing on them, so I suppose if I were to vote, though to what purpose that would be I can't fathom other than to competicise the playing of music, I'd have to listen to all of them, and I'd rather not do that. Certainly Chris was among the most innovative of bass-players in the first half of the 1970s, but so were Entwhistle and McCartney the decade before, and Jack Bruce as well, and then alongside our Fishy in the 70s there's Stanley Clarke and Jaco Pastorius, and they're just the ones that immediately come to mind as I scan the list.
      I note Miles Davis' So What is included, with the great Paul Chambers on bass, and that dates from the year I was born, 1959, and I can hear that baseline in my mind's ear right now, so were I to participate, I'd go with Paul Chambers.
      45-50 years ago of course I'd have gone with the band-loyalty vote, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.
      ​​​​
      Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
      Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Done!

Comment

Voted but could not put Roundabout ahead of My Generation. In this case Yes comes in second

Comment

Wow, this is tough. So many good choices. Before I opened the link, I guessed the Rush offering might be YYZ, but I incorrectly predicted that The Who selection would be The Real Me. What a great bass performance
            i would have thought that, in the case of Yes, they might offer HOTS

Comment

Working...
            X