90125 and Tales in full next tour
    21.74%
    Box set for each album
    30.43%
    nothing
    30.43%
    Other
    26.09%

I voted for the boxsets and the full tour... because I kind of want to hear Howe reinterpret 90125 in his style.... but that is just me

Comment

promote 90125 somehow for sure- I wish they'd do at least some of it on tour but then again I personally don't think Howe is very good at covering Rabin's parts, they are two very different styles of player.

Tales was done on tour quite recently, but by all means do one or two of the 4 songs on tour- its an epic album in its own unique way, I'll always respect it for its ambition.

A boxset of the Rabin years would be nice including Union as well- don't know whether it would sell in today's digital age.
      The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
      -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
      -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

I don't care about the Trevor Rabin Band's album, but a boxset of fully-restored concerts from the Tales tour in 1973/4 would do very nicely. I'd be satisfied with 8 complete performances, and I'm prepared to compromise on including, say, three from the tour after they started dropping parts of Tales: they compromised their artistic vision in doing so, it's only fair I compromise in a similar fashion by accepting less.
        Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Some live Tales would be excellent indeed. I'm not the slightest bit interested in 90125 though. And if they haven't done Relayer live by then they should tour that as well. Tales + Relayer live would be magic.

Comment

Play Relayer.

Comment

Originally posted by RelayerI View Post
              Play Relayer.
              what about Relayer and 90125

Comment

I voted 'other', which means - make a new album. Add to the catalogue. Be creative. As much as I love them, those other two albums are in the past, 40 and 50 years old. But they can't stop there, make the next and then the next, but be creative. I look forward to the 1 day anniversary of the next new album.

As for the other choices, a 90125 box set with Cinema album as it almost got released would be fine, as would a great sounding Tales Tour album recorded in 1974. The Rabin era one would be more extensive and therefore more expensive.

And as for playing Tales & 90125 live, it's unlikely but they could do some of it. I know Steve Howe just isn't into that style of guitar or 90125 direction, but I know It Can Happen and Hearts would work with Howe guitar. They did 'Hearts' with him before, they don't have to use 'Owner' to represent the album all the time. There are 8 other tracks, several of which are more Yessier than Owner Of A Lonely Heart. As for Tales live, The Remembering live is the one holy grail song that needs to be brought to life again, along with the expected To Be Over and Sound Chaser. The Remembering -High the Memory. Pure magic of a song. I know how I always say Drama is great all the time and all, but my God - the Remembering! Magic! Now's the time for that song.

Comment

Tales From Hip Hop Oceans

Comment

I voted Other, as box sets for each album only half interest me: the Steve Wilson Tales set pretty much has all the Tales I need, with alternate versions, a (not sonically great) live cut, "single" edits, plus the actual album… What could you really add to that?

As for 90125, I would buy any set they wanted to put out, but what I *really* want is a YesWest live set covering all the tours. But it's not likely going to happen. Yes, the label could do it without much participation, if any, from the current band, but I don't see the will, and certainly none from Steve. That ship sailed a long time ago. (But then again, The Word Is Live came out of I think nowhere, so shows you what I know…)

Comment

Originally posted by pianozach View Post
                      When I first heard the term 'hip hop', back in whenever, I assumed it had something to do with rabbits. I'm not wholly sure even now that it doesn't...
                      Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                      Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by pianozach View Post
                        More like Tales from Hip Replacement Therapy...

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker View Post
                          I voted 'other', which means - make a new album. Add to the catalogue. Be creative...
                          Yes, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

When I first heard the term 'hip hop', back in whenever, I assumed it had something to do with rabbits. I'm not wholly sure even now that it doesn't...
                            That's coz you is not down wi da kidz, old man... 😆😆😆

Comment

I voted nothing. I can't see Steve making a fuss over an album he had nothing to do with and pieces of Tales have been played live several times over the years.

Comment

Working...
                              X